Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First target with Equinox, and to boot didn't have a clue what I was doing. 1846 $5

Great find. What to pay it forward by giving it to the owner of the property.

Hope you find many more. You are an asset to the detecting community.

Who needs all the fancy settings...Ya never know what lurks below.

I started out without a meter and probably found some of my best finds.

What a spectacular find on your first outting. What an honest guy to boot !!! Not many would turn over a gold coin. For sure, you will be justly rewarded.

AWESOME, simply AWESOME !!!

HH
Donna(NJ)

AWESOME! Had me looking for the ‘like’ button!

Hey Paul,
Miss you on the other forum. Very happy for you and your $5 gold piece and I know it's not your first. Still pretty great, though, huh? Beautiful coin.
Congratulations! Keep diggin'em! You still got that MX Sport?

Wayne

Good Lord! Way to go!

That is one heck of a beginning! Huge congrats ! What a thrill - adrenaline pumper! Enjoy showing it off as long as you reasonably can before presenting it to the property owner.
Still looking for my first gold coin. Your find would make a great ML promo or a print story in a magazine.
Not steal your thunder but I do understand the thrill! I have one similar story from 15 yrs ago, it was a water machine and my very first target was the largest honking custom made gold ring I ever found and has a diamond in each corner of the engraved flat top. It was wet sand with 45 min of daylight left when I turned it on.
Happy - Hunting!

i don't think you should learn the machine. leave it as it is... lol.... but seriously big congrats. what are you going to do for an encore?

Ditto, ive known Paul for a few short years and i KNOW he is probably the most dedicated detectorist there is. He does his homework. It is NO accident of where he went and no surprise to me that he found that gold coin.
As you said it, very well, Paul is a class act!!! Paul is modest man but i have a request from him.
I hope when the owner receive that coin it is memorialized with a picture......and posted here.

Thank you Gilbert,

Sounds like a great idea, but its up to the owner if I can take a picture. Last night, after giving him the news over the phone of the gold coin find, asked if I can invite a couple of friends this weekend. He said no problem, so both you and Daniel are welcome to Hunt here tomorrow if weather allows. Denny will be here, will be a fun day.

See you you guys tomorrow :thumbup:
Paul

Hello El,

Yes, that is correct.

See you soon, will bring the equinox for mission era hunting.
Thanks El,
Paul

Thank you pan,

Hopefully get out today, suppose to rain.

Thanks again,
Paul

Hello Dean,

Not quite a match yet, but I'll learn it eventually. After learning a Sovereign and the Explorer, learning the Equinox will be piece of cake.

Thanks again,
Paul

Hello Steve,

That's what floored me, no pain of going through the monitions of learning a unit and first target a gold coin.

Still smiling ear to ear!

Thanks again Steve,
Paul

Hello Randy,

Good to hear from you too, been a long time since our Beach hunts. We'll have to get out to Zuma or Venice beach for a hunt, now that we both have an Equinox.

You'll eventually get your gold coin, never give up eventually it'll surface my friend.

See you in the summer Randy :thumbup:
Paul

Thank you Rick,

I hope your gold coin surfaces, you deserve it. And yes, I can keep the next gold coin from this property if it surfaces. Was on a mission to get the first gold coin to the owner, I've given him all other coins in the past and he said going forward keep the rest. I said okay, but first gold coin goes to you and that happened last night.

Will give it to him next week, he's excited as I am.

Thanks again Rick,
Paul

Thank you unearth,

I'm still smiling ear to ear, thank you!
Paul

Thanks Rich,

Hopefully weather allows another hunt for today, may rain soil conditions at present time are already too moist to walk on.

Thank you,
Paul

Hello MetalMiner,

Sure, I remember bouncing around 17-18. Going out there tomorrow, need to place a marker on the same spot it came from.

Thank you,
Paul