Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Friday Hunt turns up a bucket list coin

diggervance

Hello Guys,

I went out Friday in the 20 degree temperatures to a park I hunted to death 2 years ago and had great success. I only turned two old coins, a 1944 wheat and my first 2 cent piece.

Its very crusty but I was able to get the date a 1868.

I will go back again and hunt the woods I always had plans to do so but never did.

Thanks for looking
DV

That’s sweet no matter the condition,it’s what we do! Find OLD COINS! That’s a hell of a find for anybody anywhere.

Save that one to show to the archeologists who tell you we should leave the coins in the ground. Fact is they rot away and at some point they are unrecognizable. Good save!

nice find... still waiting to find one myself.. Congrats

I learned a tip. Pour 2 ounces of hydrogen peroxide in a small glass or coffee cup, heat it up in the microwave and then drop your coin into it. It will fizz for quite a while and loosen up that crust. I've done it on a few crusty tokens and it helped clean them up. Not 100%, but but enough to get more details.

Awesome find Digger! I have only found a couple of those and they do not turn up often. I would leave that coin as is. That dark detail layer is about all that is left and much further cleaning may just eliminate it. Congrats on checking off another bucket lister!

Hey Guys,

Thank you all for the very kind words and helpful hint.

I will leave it just the way it is. It will never be Worth anything and I have always liked the dug look on all my finds.
Ohio Coinhunter I will keep your trick in mind for coins and tokens I can't get a date or verification of its identity.

Nice DV! I bet it is a great feeling late in the year to get something like that.
its good you were able to get a date.
I have found 2 of them over the years. both were 1864.

Congrats on getting one on the list! I'd say you really earned that one hunting in 20° weather❄