Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Future Proposed Update / Feature "Wish List" Collection . . . . .

====================================================================
[size=x-large]MODERATOR NOTE:[/size]

[size=large]This post has been made a sticky to keep it readily accessible and is intended to allow Deus owners to post ideas or suggestions for XP to consider for future updates or revisions to the software that powers the Deus. It is not intended to become a battelground where rocks are thrown at other forum members or where demands for immediate satisfaction are directed to the XP Metal Detectors staff. The Deus is but one product in a line of equipment produced by XP and the US is but one market that the equipment is sold in. Some suggestions are currently available through means that may not be as simple as some would like but as the saying goes, "You can't please everyone all the time."

XP will continue to push the technology envelope when it comes to detectors; however, recognize that the Deus is but one facet of their overall corporate vison. Suggestions are always of interest but if you are hoping for / expecting another upgrade every few months, unfortunately you will be disappointed.

Posts in this thread that go off topic as had occurred previously will be removed. Individuals that opt to attack others or posters that demand rather than provide constructive feedback / suggestions will be warned and possibly blocked from future posts.

Please use this thread for its intended purpose so conflicts can be avoided

Thank you . . . . . .
[/size]

====================================================================

I have seen a few ideas (and have a few of my own) that maybe Deus would be interested in implementing for US users...better to tell them what we need than to leave them in the dark about what users think would make this detector even more compelling for the US market.

1. Ability to decide which freq. you want to ID Normalize at
2. Why have two buttons for turning on/off the pinpointer.....seems like one button on/off would be easier to get used to.
3. Bring the X-Y visualization screen into the mainstream maybe by allowing you to turn it on then quickly switch between std. hunt screen and X-Y screen. I know its not 100% accurate, but it does provide one more piece of information and I have found it to be helpful in IDing bottle caps but its a pain to use.. Once enabled now, its 3 button pushes to get to it, then 3 button pushes to get out of it and back to std. hun t screen.
4. Create a mode where you could change the normal operation of the +/- keys from switching programs to switching frequencies instead. this would streamline some button pushing for those who like un-normalized TID to help with ID of bottle caps etc.
5. create a button function to allow you to get back to hunt screen with one button push instead of multiple pushes..ie, hold the return button down for extended period of time or something...etc..etc...

Just a thought, I love the idea of having the machine "internet upgrade-able".. Its one of the main reasons I initially purchased it. As long as the mfg. can reach out and create new flexibility and fix bugs, this machine is the first with a real "the sky is the limit" possibilities....

Just a thought.......

Smoother tones!

I'm running v3.1 (only one I've ever used) I cant come to terms with how buzzy EVERYTHING sounds.

New to Deus, but I agree with original poster... A wish list of suggestions from a U. S. point of view would be helpful.
You have some great ideas, especially the XY screen. I'd use that if was tweaked to be something more than a diagnostic tool.
I've played around with it to cross check a signal, and it can be very useful. Just think it needs updating.
Also agree on switching freq's. without switching programs.

=====================================
MODERATOR NOTE:

If you create two identical programs with the only difference being the frequency and then use the <+> <-> touchpads to toggle between it provides that functionality of changing frequencies with a touchpad. While that will take up two of the 8 user slots, how many programs are you able to use at one time? :confused:

=====================================

The TONE ID,idea is a good one!:thumbup: I'm not a programmer so I don't know how hard it would be to add this option as a download would be? I know the last version has the tweak to leave the headset set at the volume you had it set at when turning the Deus off,and back on again.That is a great feature. Maybe moving the NORM ID to a lower frequency,would require,more work than the volume tweak?:confused:

I'd like to see the audio frequency range extend to included 1000hz. I like silver to scream!

A handheld pinpointer that is integrated with the Deus.

A possibility to set up of ground adjustment speed in tracking mode - can be added to ground expert menu.

C_D

The ability to set and save the tone ranges for all programs (including the factory programs) in one step instead of having this to do for each one single and stick with the predefined for factory programs.
The ability to save and restore custom programs and settings (single selections or complete block) from remote control to PC and vice versa. Eventually an tool to modify settings on the PC.
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

On the fly digital depth indicator. The horseshoe is ok but a true depth
Readout in inches would be a nice option. Since the machine is already calibrated
For coin size targets it appears on the outside looking in it would be a
Simple programming option. :)

Ill second the depth indicator a simple number in 1/2 inch increments would be great.

A TX Power option of 1 to 3 on the 4kHz frequency as the now fixed TX Power of 3 at 4 kHz is not optimal in mineralized or trashy grounds. More smoother, clearer, and less static sounding tones. The ability for even higher frequencies, although I wonder if this and the sound can be changed by an software upgrade and are not hard wired into the Deus.

Improvements to the programme 10(mineralized ground gold fields )
Australian gold nugget prospector users suffer from heavily mineralized /salt ground as with some area s in the US .
As such many only use program 10.and loose depth and sensitivity .(
Needs to punch a bit deeper on small targets(.2gram)in these mineralized areas.
Along with ability to run bigger coils on a 4k frequency with adjustable TX as to shut it up.
Hasn't as yet taken my minelab out on a shoot out but is a beautifully made machine with a lot of flexibility.
Ah yea ...And A button to restore factory settings after playing around on the go instead of turn off back on.just relevant to current open program .
Technically written manual ....done beautifully
Love the Deus

O and one more thing ... Most important of all
These heavily mineralized grounds change so fast,continually pushing grab button.
Would be nice in program 10 auto tracked faster and adjusted corrected as needed.

Another vote for depth display here! I would like to see the option to use any two, three, or all four frequencies at one time???

Add the ability to back up our user customized programs so we can restore them after an upgrade.

1. The ability to adjust the ground balance in tracking mode +/- 5 points from the set position so that it can track the ground with a positive or negative bias.

2. An onboard or online diagnostic program to check the Deus for proper operation/calibration.

Volume control for the main control unit.