Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Future Proposed Update / Feature "Wish List" Collection . . . . .

I would love to have all the options of v3.1 with the cleaner tones and accuracy of v2.0
Also fix the foil issue of foil coming up as mid 80s to mid 90s vdi that v3.1 has. Never had a problem with foil in v2.0 it came up
At around a 40 vdi where it should. Other than that keep up the good work.

This is the thread I have been looking for! I realize that some items have been stated here previously, but bear repeating IMO.

1. (Agree) Backup and Restore of user program settings via PC and/or mobile device with app to support. At the very least, preservation of user programs during UPDATE process.
2. Move the ID NORM configuration setting to individual program setting. This would be VERY useful in verifying targets since I prefer ID norm until I am zeroing in on a target. My custom threshold settings would become a nightmare without ID NORM.
3. (Agree) Better depth indicator... maybe just adding an inch/cm number to the current "rectangle icon" in non-motion mode.
4. Graphic display of short term history of TIDs. The X-Y screen is a good step towards this end. What I am talking about here is a bar graph that shows a rolling, say 5 seconds of all TIDs. Particularly useful in identifying rusty iron falses. e.g. like Whites's Signagraph display.
5. Bottle cap reject filter. I am not whining... Whites has a very good "set it and forget it" filter that works very well and can be applied at varying levels.

I hunt mostly in the U.S. Is there a direct (English) ear to XP for suggestions?

-one touch ground balance (groud grab), sets manuel G.B. to the sugested value instead of scrolling thru the numbers to set it.
-keep custom programs on upgrade.
-battery indication maybe more acurate/percentage display.
-maybe a new type of charge clip for the coil (bad contact sometimes)

DirtFishingDude said:
This is the thread I have been looking for! I realize that some items have been stated here previously, but bear repeating IMO.

1. (Agree) Backup and Restore of user program settings via PC and/or mobile device with app to support. At the very least, preservation of user programs during UPDATE process.
2. Move the ID NORM configuration setting to individual program setting. This would be VERY useful in verifying targets since I prefer ID norm until I am zeroing in on a target. My custom threshold settings would become a nightmare without ID NORM.
3. (Agree) Better depth indicator... maybe just adding an inch/cm number to the current "rectangle icon" in non-motion mode.
4. Graphic display of short term history of TIDs. The X-Y screen is a good step towards this end. What I am talking about here is a bar graph that shows a rolling, say 5 seconds of all TIDs. Particularly useful in identifying rusty iron falses. e.g. like Whites's Signagraph display.
5. Bottle cap reject filter. I am not whining... Whites has a very good "set it and forget it" filter that works very well and can be applied at varying levels.

I hunt mostly in the U.S. Is there a direct (English) ear to XP for suggestions?

The MULI TID screen provides what you are asking for Item #4 . . . have you tried that option?

Note sure what you mean by "I hunt mostly in the U.S. Is there a direct (English) ear to XP for suggestions?" . . . . the purpose of this thread is to collect suggestions but as with other forums around the world., XP is not reading every post on every forum if that is what you thought

Andy

WestTn said:
Volume control for the main control unit.

Curious on why this is needed . . . .with wireless headphones, volume is controlled on them . . . if you use wired phones, simply get a set with an in-line volume control. Detectors provide optimal performance at higher volume levels with the final level controlled on the headphones . . . . if you look at the recommendations from virtually all manufacturers, they have you run at or near max on the detector and control the volume with the headphones

Andy

Leo234 said:
On the fly digital depth indicator. The horseshoe is ok but a true depth
Readout in inches would be a nice option. Since the machine is already calibrated
For coin size targets it appears on the outside looking in it would be a
Simple programming option. :)

The issue is that the Deus is a worldwide detector so then yuo would need to add an option to select units - cm or in. And the calaibration would need to be checked on targets as smaller targets indicate deeper than actual and larger targets indicate shallower than actual. There is a reason other companies do the same - either a bar, series of bars or the horsehsoe icon. Since size, orientation and even ground conditions can and do affect the indicated depth, XP (and others) have added this as a guide and not something that provides precise depth measurements. Used in conjunction with the AUDIO based on the AUDIO R setting, it provides flexibility which anindicated depth may not provide.

One thing XP has chosen to do on the Deus from the start is to not add options and programming choices that do not enhance performance . . . they have tried to keep the menus streamlined and do not want to add layers or options that make things appear more complex than needed . . . nothing is off the table but understand that theis approach is what has kept the Deus as simple to navigate through as possible.

Andy

Volume control on the main unit would be useful for the same reason that other metal detector manufacturers include volume controls, because not everyone uses headphones and they want to have a volume adjustment on the control box to adjust the built-in speaker quieter or louder as the surroundings may require.. Some people do not like to wear headphones during high temperature and humidity conditions and prefer to use the built in speaker on the control box.
Andy Sabisch said:
WestTn said:
Volume control for the main control unit.

Curious on why this is needed . . . .with wireless headphones, volume is controlled on them . . . if you use wired phones, simply get a set with an in-line volume control. Detectors provide optimal performance at higher volume levels with the final level controlled on the headphones . . . . if you look at the recommendations from virtually all manufacturers, they have you run at or near max on the detector and control the volume with the headphones

Andy

volume control on the remote would be impossible, i think that the circuit isn't designed that way (no harware to be able to control the volume?!?!)
without a headphone you will be missing a lot of target's!! for sure in the ereas where i search.

depth indicator on other detector's are mostly off becouse its an indecation on coin sized object's and i don't miss that at all, i dig on signal strength and mostly know how deep targets i hear are.
maybe a function to switch the horseshoe with a depth indicator in the future to pease those who do want it.

nice topic an lot's of good sugestions

As HAMDIT said, the circuitry will not support this without mechanical changes internally - it is not simply a software change - which makes this a very unlikely change down the road. Without impacting performance, adding parts and redesigning the board is not an option that you will be likely to see from XP. The digital platform is pretty versatile but unfortunately not everything can be done with coding.

This point was discussed before with the team and the consensus was . . . no. The back phones are light enough for use in even hot Summer weather and they have volume adjustments and the recent addition of wired lightweight headphones with a volume control provides versatility without redesign

Sorry but this is one option that probably is not forthcoming

Andy

Andy Sabisch said:
DirtFishingDude said:

The MULI TID screen provides what you are asking for Item #4 . . . have you tried that option?

Note sure what you mean by "I hunt mostly in the U.S. Is there a direct (English) ear to XP for suggestions?" . . . . the purpose of this thread is to collect suggestions but as with other forums around the world., XP is not reading every post on every forum if that is what you thought

Andy

I have played with the MULTI TID a bit, but it is limited and too tedious to get to on a regular basis. I need to remember to add the ADVANCED menu item before I put my gloves on. Ha!

What I was asking is if there is a "suggestion box" set up by XP that would go directly to them. If this is the best facility, then I have found it.

btw: I am glad you are here Andy. I am finding your book quite useful.

In the XY mode, move the value of tid, to the left of the screen, because to the right it is often covered by good signals, and enlarge the numbers...do not always have it with me glasses ...:unsure:

I can think of one thing important, every time we download a new update try to keep all the preloaded programs so we don't have to redo it every time it's a great machine I love it :)!

shadowman said:
On future control housing make them waterproof.

I was told there is a kit coming to make it waterproof/usable in water. Dunno if it's true or not, but it would make sense.

Still tops on my wish list is a 6" sniper coil. I still see a need for it in high trash areas despite the fast re-set currently in place.

Ground balance all programs from any program.
I do switch several programs through my hunts and it takes some time to GB all of my frequently used programs.
Then as I move into different area I e got to "tweek" each of them again.
Ground balance should balance ALL programs! Right?

Also I'd love to "hide" certain factory programs that seldom if ever get used (to keep my thumb from wearing out faster than it is)
We could have our program menu
Then, configure OUR custom "hunt" program menu.

I really do love this machine and its versatility!
Thanks for listening

I would like to be able to connect my control box to a PC and make changes their, including the ability to move any of the users programs to whatever slot he or she desires. Right now when you want to create a new program similar to another and if you want to place it next to a certain other one you need to move all of them over one slot, this creates alot more work.