Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Future Proposed Update / Feature "Wish List" Collection . . . . .

Most people will disagree with me on this one but I would like to have the ability to silence the detector on shallow targets. I know a lot of good targets are within the first couple of inches, but at many of my really historic sites, the majority of my keepers are 4" plus. I would like to either silence the shallow targets or have tone differences (i.e. low tone for shallow targets and high tone for deep non ferrous targets).

My second wish is that the Deus would be MAC compatible.

XP has done an outstanding job with the XP Deus making it one of the best detectors on the market and it is my go to detector. Some of the most common complaints are unstable vdi #'s (the tone is perfect..though) and not being able to get that same outstanding performance that were used to with it in the highly mineralized areas such as wet sand/shallow water on a saltwater beach.... also get a little more depth too. Now dont get me wrong these issues are not that bad so im not saying it is poor in those areas at all, it could just use improvement. Im no metal detector designer or engineer so I could be completely wrong but if the next version out 4.0 lets us have a mode where we can use all 4 of the frequencies at the same time - (true multi-frequency detector) I feel this issue would be greatly improved. It might not perfect these 3 issues but I do think it would make them better.:thumbup:

To be honest there is not much I can see that needs to be changed except for one thing ,
I have always found the tones on the XP's to be buzzy and have since I started detecting used Minelab FBS machines . So why not have E.Trac tones or at least half a dozen of them ? I find the fluty tones of the ET for better for identifying a target . That's all I can think of really .
That would complete the perfect package .

OK guys I'm a noob when it comes to the Deus, I only have 3-4hours swing time on it...but one thing I thought that may be helpful in some areas is the ability to use dual freqs at once like the CZ detectors do. This would likely not be an upgradeable feature, and would severely impact battery life as well, but the benefits would be better target ID. Some aluminum (especially pencil eraser holders) has a "bouncy" ID while using the CZ detector which is an almost dead giveaway since it indicates "round pulltab" in 5kHz and "nickel" in 15 kHz.

I know the short answer to this is simply change freqs with the press of a button, but time is more valuable for some than others and the more time spent LOOKING for targets rather than IDing them may result in that one or two more good targets per hunt if this was a possibility. Bottlecaps would almost always be user-rejected since they have similar values no matter what freq you are using. Silver coins have a subtle variation b/t 8 and 18 kHz, as well as other targets but nickels look like pulltabs almost all the time! I don't mind that really - I'm used to digging mid and high tones anyway from my detecting history...just thought Id throw that out there for you guys!!! HH

Also.. All factory programs and our custom programs should mark the saved settings (in bold, underlined or highlighted somehow) so when we adjust in field we can quickly reset after we've tweaked them.
Example: I'm out hunting (using one of Andy's great programs) and I get a faint signal; tring to dial in or experiment with settings I change reactivity down from 2 to 3 and drop silencer down then reduce disc. a bit also. Then dig up target and resume hunting,... Wait!! What did I change? Crap! I forgot. :rage:
Now I've got to turn off and back on again (and re ground balance) to gain default settings

I just think it would be nice to be able to quickly see what the original settings were.

Note: I do have more problems resetting the factory saved ones, as I do know my custom ones good enough to return them back after tweaking.

I would like to see the horseshoe changed into a 2 sided depth meter. One side for iron and the other side for other stuff. Right now depth is uncertain and deep things are barely visible at the top of the horseshoe.

This could be a "LOUDNESS BALANCING" portion of the Deus software for users with impaired hearing- Basically the idea is that the end user listens to a set of 5 to 10 tones (200 -1000Hz) and tells the software what is a "comfortable" listening level. Some folks have moderate, severe, or worse hearing above 750 Hz, and for them to hear the high tones accurately, they have to increase the OVERALL volume (Audio Reponse) which makes the low tones "too loud" which may mask, or cover up, a high-toned target if the end user is hunting in a heavily iron-laden area.

The software could present a tone, starting at 200 Hz, and the user could rate the tone as "too loud", "too soft", or "just right". After the user sets the inital comfort level by pressing up or down arrows, then an additional tone is presented after the 200 Hz tone, say at 300 Hz; then the user adjusts the 300 Hz perceived loudness level relative to the 200 Hz tone, and so on up to 1000 Hz. This is how we set the "comfort level" for new patients' hearing instruments - the patient tells US what is comfortable rather than a prescribed formula, or average, dictated by a hearing aid manufacturer. What results is better first-time-user acceptance of instruments, and less follow-up adjustments, which leads to greater overall patient satisfaction in the long haul.

This would be an option available to new and/or existing Deus users (possibly an update...V3.3???). XP would have limits in that they could not exceed a certain db level for the higher 500-1000Hz tones, something like 90-100dB, since the normal human ear is most sensitive (without noise-induced hearing loss) to the 500-3000Hz range.

Make the pinpointer button to work in two ways, chosen by a option in the menu. like a "iron test / iron rejecting". Pressing this button and the Deus helps you to recognize Big or deep iron, caps and Maybee allso pultabs and other object, you would prefered a lower freq. and adjustment to identify. Never used mine pinpointer button (Allways used the 90-90).
The AT PRO got this botton. XP could easy find the best adjustment to identify Iron, which was pre-programmed this button, and in the menu a ON / OFF, to those there will not lose the pinpointer function.

Henrikras said:
Make the pinpointer button to work in two ways, chosen by a option in the menu. like a "iron test / iron rejecting". Pressing this button and the Deus helps you to recognize Big or deep iron, caps and Maybee allso pultabs and other object, you would prefered a lower freq. and adjustment to identify. Never used mine pinpointer button (Allways used the 90-90).
The AT PRO got this botton. XP could easy find the best adjustment to identify Iron, which was pre-programmed this button, and in the menu a ON / OFF, to those there will not lose the pinpointer function.

Great idea!
I NEVER use the pinpointer button! Also just use 90*-90* method.
Would LOVE to have pinpoint button be configured to a custom program (what ever I wanted) I would use 4khz with around 8disc and iron volume around three. Reactivity 1 or two silencer 0 or one.
Push once to use custom program and again to return to last program used. That would be great!!
If you like the curent pinpointer modes? Fine! Use them. It would be nice to add this feature.

I know we can just use program select to use another program but, sometimes it's more than a few button pushes away and then to return,

I'm still holding out for a 6" sniper coil for extreme trash & separation. I still believe it as an asset even with the current fast re-set.

Sorry if some of these have been mentioned I did not read all 4 pages of posts.

Use the same button to turn the pinpoint on and off

Put a volume control on the remote

Ability to run with no disc and have the iron fall on the left side of the horseshoe and have an iron tone.

The ability to use Mac to update software instead of just windows. France at one time had the largest % of mac users in world.

That was a beef I had with Minelab and finally just "Bootcamped" my Mac and loaded Windows 7 on the small partition I created so I could load eXchange2.

Coils and lower rod. Have a 6 or 8 inch stub attached to the coils if you want to swap coils all you would have to do snap the other coil into the lower rod it would make it much easier to carry the extra coil with you if you are going on a long hike in essence you would be eliminating one lower rod thus saving the cost of having a lower rod for each coil.

Lots of great ideas. Here's another non-performance idea. Have the clock be changeable from a military 24 hour set up to a more regular 12 hour set up.

This is something many would like - a 7" coil. I got one Thanks to some great help from Don (DB Shells) and some Very patient Friends at Geotech. (I'm no expert - they Helped a lot).
I know that this is not what XP would had done, with the electronic at the stem and a cable... But its working and to me the wires Headphones is must important part.
The coil is AWESOME. Allready found some Very small and thin old coins, in a area with a lot of nails and iron.
This video shows that it allso got some depht and it working pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZSojNGPb0E&sns=em

Regards
Henrik.

Henrikras said:
This is something many would like - a 7" coil. I got one Thanks to some great help from Don (DB Shells) and some Very patient Friends at Geotech. (I'm no expert - they Helped a lot).
I know that this is not what XP would had done, with the electronic at the stem and a cable... But its working and to me the wires Headphones is must important part.
The coil is AWESOME. Allready found some Very small and thin old coins, in a area with a lot of nails and iron.
This video shows that it allso got some depht and it working pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZSojNGPb0E&sns=em

Regards
Henrik.

Henrik, thanks for the video! Nice job.

Ok spill it about the coil, where can someone get one? How much was it? The world wants to know......

Jim

unearth said:
Lots of great ideas. Here's another non-performance idea. Have the clock be changeable from a military 24 hour set up to a more regular 12 hour set up.

You can change it to either a 12 or 24 hour time format..."configuration">>>"profile">>>"clock">>>"12h" or "24h"..........

Henrik, thanks for the video! Nice job.

Ok spill it about the coil, where can someone get one? How much was it? The world wants to know......

Jim[/quote]

Jim.. There is a thread at Geotech forum from step one to the end with this coil project. Its a risky one This job (could cost you a Deus coil). The way I did it; Found a second hand Bigfoot coil (those are getting cheap after the 11" coil came).. Then I took it apart , only to use the PBC board with the electronic... This board got only 8 connectings.. RX and TX (Thats 4) and the batteri + / -, and last the two points we got at the coil to charge the batteri.
Found a small plastic box and put it in, connect a plug to the coil cable and a mini USB to change the batteri, and a batteri inside the plastic box.
Making the search coil 7" was difficult, but a trained coil maker could do this more easy..
DB got the Shells and he is allso working at coilcovers, so that part is easy. Then you need to wind the RX and the TX, and find the perfect resonans just like the Stock coil. Those value can Be found at Geotech. (10.4 Mh - 20 ohm / 15.9 mH - 70 ohm).. Buy some Compound mass to resin it, and then its the shielding. That is a bit difficult but can Be done.
Ive used contact 33 spray (2 cans) and made the shielding like XP did, with some drainwires.
It is not one or two hours project this, it took me a months after work.. But I had start from zerro - One thing more / without help at the Geotech forum, Ive could never had done it.
I Hope this gave you some ideas.
Henrik