Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Future Proposed Update / Feature "Wish List" Collection . . . . .

Henrikras said:
Henrik, thanks for the video! Nice job.

Ok spill it about the coil, where can someone get one? How much was it? The world wants to know......

Jim

Jim.. There is a thread at Geotech forum from step one to the end with this coil project. Its a risky one This job (could cost you a Deus coil). The way I did it; Found a second hand Bigfoot coil (those are getting cheap after the 11" coil came).. Then I took it apart , only to use the PBC board with the electronic... This board got only 8 connectings.. RX and TX (Thats 4) and the batteri + / -, and last the two points we got at the coil to charge the batteri.
Found a small plastic box and put it in, connect a plug to the coil cable and a mini USB to change the batteri, and a batteri inside the plastic box.
Making the search coil 7" was difficult, but a trained coil maker could do this more easy..
DB got the Shells and he is allso working at coilcovers, so that part is easy. Then you need to wind the RX and the TX, and find the perfect resonans just like the Stock coil. Those value can Be found at Geotech. (10.4 Mh - 20 ohm / 15.9 mH - 70 ohm).. Buy some Compound mass to resin it, and then its the shielding. That is a bit difficult but can Be done.
Ive used contact 33 spray (2 cans) and made the shielding like XP did, with some drainwires.
It is not one or two hours project this, it took me a months after work.. But I had start from zerro - One thing more / without help at the Geotech forum, Ive could never had done it.
I Hope this gave you some ideas.
Henrik[/quote]

Actually gave me a couple ideas......

One being you are wayyy smarter than me! LOL
Two, I better wait and buy one.....

Jim

i am holding out for some simple voice recognition commands that allow the user to call up the frequency like 4 , 8 ,12 ,16 and so on to interogate the target and get better ID before spending time digging a hole and finding its a wad of 'ciggy packet ' foil instead of a hammered silver coin .

So side question on Deus updates .... Based on time span between 1.0 to 2.0 to 3.0 and now at 3.2 .... When do you think based on previous historic updates when do you think we will see the XP Deus 4.0 Update???

depends on what they have planned for extra add ons IMO

How about a narrow coil version? 5"x8" DD or 12"x6" DD for tight spot hunting and cane field hunting
Happy Hunting
ALOHA

True motion all metal mode with tones attached to different conductive targets, say 2 or 4 tone capable.

As the old ad for the wine company used to say, "We will serve no wine before it's time" and XP follows the same adage. I wouldn't try to figure out what the timeframe between upgrades will be as XP will release the next upgrade when they've completed testing following a design phase.

The XP engineers do listen to feedback not only from the United States but from around the world on possible features to include in future Deus updates. But simply having a list of features is just the beginning. The testing that goes into a release is amazing having been involved in the 3.X release.

Rest assured XP will produce the best detector available but won't release a product before they feel it's ready and has been fully tested. I'm sure that's what all of us would like them to do.

Andy

You so right Andy... But it looks like XP are thinking about the pension savings, since its going so slowly.. :unsure:
They could make a knock out, If they would launch some few of those ideas you can find in this thread.
By the way a smaller coil in a eliptical design got problems to handle Reactivity 4-5. Even at the Deus fast prg.(reac3) is close to the max. Just made a 5"x8" and I notice that.
Next project I'm working at is a 15" coil. My first, second and third try to make this BIG coil failed, (no.3 was close to a succes) now I hope no.4 will work perfect.
Total weight will end Very close to the Bigfoot coil... :thumbup:
Henrik.

I've been hunting cane and bean fields lately. The ground balance drops out terribly (63,66) and then just jumps up (75-84). This is in both tracking and manual. It would be nice to add a push button option that would allow your deus to match the current GB without having to stop and wait as it scrolls to catch up. Having this feature would allow me to see and immediately match the current Ground Balance while in manual mode. When my deus does this it becomes very unstable a every swing is saying has a target and then when the GB recoups all back to nice and quiet for the exception of when a metal item is near or under it.
Thanks for listening
Coil to the Soil
ALOHA

Kronos said:
I've been hunting cane and bean fields lately. The ground balance drops out terribly (63,66) and then just jumps up (75-84). This is in both tracking and manual. It would be nice to add a push button option that would allow your deus to match the current GB without having to stop and wait as it scrolls to catch up. Having this feature would allow me to see and immediately match the current Ground Balance while in manual mode. When my deus does this it becomes very unstable a every swing is saying has a target and then when the GB recoups all back to nice and quiet for the exception of when a metal item is near or under it.
Thanks for listening
Coil to the Soil
ALOHA
I've worked around the condition

First let me thank XP for their willingness to received customer feedback to improve an already outstanding product. I have reviewed each of the previous suggestions found on the 5 Pages of this thread.

I agree with the following previously mentioned suggestions.

1. Allow user to decide with FREQ to ID NORM - 18hrz is great for me but I can certainly understand why others would like to have ability to display ID numbers from other Frequencies.
2. Allow user to change function of the Pinpoint button - I NEVER use it and that is a testament to how true the coils are, I use both the 9" and 11" Round Coils. That being said I support using it for another user function.
3. Bring XP screen to the User interface. - I would suggest allowing the user to visually representing the XY screen instead of the Horseshoe. Horseshoe doesn't add much value to me, I rely much more on tone as the determining factor for digging, I love those whisper tones.
4. Allow user to change function of the "+" "-" keys to allow these to be used to quickly change frequency instead of programs.
5. Allow user to set a tone preference across all programs for consistency, instead of having to build repetitively in each program.
6. Ability to save or backup custom programs prior to a factory upgrade roll-out.
7. Ability to customize which programs the user would like to display. Like most users, I think XP has done a great job giving new users a wide variety of out-of-the box programs. This allows the user to take it out of the box and hunt with very solid settings for performance. However, as you learn more about the technology and more importantly how the settings work together, most start to tweak their settings to make the factory setting perform better in their metal detecting environments.

I can add a few that I didn't notice previously mentioned by other members. Admittedly, some may think these adds are insignificant as all are external of the technology/programming gadgetry. However, these suggestions would help improve the user experience. All of these are progressively related as stated below.

1. Coil Charging Clip Upgrade needed - I've seen this on other sites and maybe even in the XP user forum. I'm on my third clip and I believe XP is a little proud of the pricing on these replacements. Especially knowing that based on my usage level, I'll need to replace again before the year is over. It seems to me that for $30, the Clip/Pin setup could economically be improved to increase the reliability of an essential part of the XP system.
2. Three-way charging port system design should be improved by increasing the length of each wire. The length should be long enough to allow user to charge the coil and the display unit without having to remove it from the top of the stem. I'm happy to telescopically collapse the pole to the lowest position, but feel like I should still be able to charge the display without removing it from the stem.
3. Increase longevity of the display snap. Related to my number two above, constantly removing the display unit for charging reduces the life of the plastic snap-in feature on top of the stem. Over time this becomes loose and the display unit can fall/bumped out of its snapped position easily. Yes, one can replace it with an XP part but again it is an expensive option for a molded piece of plastic. I have a great after-market idea to protect the $700++ display sitting atop the stem. If you have ever hunted in a thick wooded environment, you know how easy it is to bump your machine on a tree or the underbrush. Luckily, each time this has happened to me I noticed it right away but I would hate to hear of someone who has lost a display while pursuing our wonderful hobby.

I'd like to see the ability to simply rearrange custom programs...i.e. move my "Trashy" program from slot 11 to slot 15.

Let's say I've already set up my 5 Tones with breakpoints. Now let's say I need to go in and tweak my TID breakpoint setting for the fourth tone; there are two columns to navigate: tones and breakpoints. Currently I have to press the arrow key 9 times to get where I want to go (5 tone selections and 4 breakpoint selections); now I can make my adjustment. That's not as efficient as it could be. I'd like the ability to start in the second column with a simple additional software arrow and work from there.

This machine has a learning curve; that's certain. So why can't changing silencer with reactivity be part of the learning curve? I don't want the Deus to change silencer settings when I want to change my reactivity level...at least not in my custom programs. That's just another step I don't need to make every time. If XP wants the Deus to be a turn-on and go machine for novice users (or others I suppose), then let them do that to the factory programs, but require me to modify reactivity and silencer settings independently in the custom area.

Have speaker setting that we see every time we turn on the remote put into configuration settings and default setting is off. I never go without headphones so I don't need this setting. If I ever do, I can go to configuration settings and turn it on there. A last option would be to leave it at the last setting when the remote was powered off. That's likely to satisfy the most users.

Also, fine tune silencer to bottlecaps (crown caps) or create a new expert setting specifically for bottlecaps. Or how about the absurd: a flashing statement on the screen that says, "you are about to dig another bottlecap dummy; do it at your own risk!" :)

Increase font size for squinters like me.

Create starker contrast (see above squinter statement). Glare in the shade is a killer.

Already been mentioned:

Depth gauge in inches or centimeters calibrated for coins...I guess it'd be difficult to show depth for a flattened soda can at 2 inches. This could be programmed into the pinpoint button. For example, in configuration settings, allow multiple presses of the pinpoint button (time restricted between presses). After engaged and elapsed time expires, pressing once returns you to original Deus screen:

1 press: XY screen and depth gauge
2 presses: pinpoint

XY screen brought to the forefront...with zoom ability on the deep stuff so one doesn't need a magnifying glass. Possibly integrate with multiTID?

Ability to choose the freq to normalize TID.

Configuration setting to allow user to modify all programs with ground balance adjustment in one program.

Make TX adjustable in 4Khz

Is it possible to use all freqs at once for ultimate target ID / discrimination? Can the Deus hardware and software handle this?

I want an adapter that I can plug into my iPhone and turn it into a remote and be able to change settings, move icons around the way I like, full color. Maybe a bunch of new settings because of the extra computing power of the iPhone.

Mercury0_0 said:
I want an adapter that I can plug into my iPhone and turn it into a remote and be able to change settings, move icons around the way I like, full color. Maybe a bunch of new settings because of the extra computing power of the iPhone.

Now your talkin!!!

Jim

I had acrually been thinking, why don't the major detector manufacturers use smartphone capabilities to link to their machines.

Another suggestion would be to add an inversion tool to the config screen. Instead of black letters/numbers with clear background, allow it to be reversible. This might be beneficial to the visually impaired, or perhaps would be a better option in certain lighting conditions.

I would like to see incremental adjustment capability to the Reactivity settings. Similar to the new lower end discrimination functions that were added in version 3.x where you could discriminate at 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, etc. I want to have the ability to find tune the reactivity, especially just above 3 to provide 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and so on. For me, the jump from reactivity 3 to reactivity 4 is huge and the sounds are very clipped at 4, so being able to go just slightly higher than 3 would be great during to times that I need it.

Another suggestion: Enable the +/- buttons to change freq while in the XY screen.

A WS4 headphone adapter for 1/4" plugs instead of the 3.5mm/18" size that maybe also included a clip to attache it to clothing.