Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just twigged why the GPS is a real good idea on the detector.

Yeah. I've been having trouble with the spell checker. I'd better be careful. She managed to shed 30kgs a couple of years ago and kept most of it off. She's enjoying a more active life now.
I nearly dobbed myself in though. Although she doesn't read the forum, She got curious as to why I was laughing. Phew! That was close.:punch:
Mick Evans.

marcomo said:
Mick in Dubbo said:
As the wide can hunt me down if I fail to return home on time from a hunt.:devil:
Mick Evans.

If your wife is anything like mine, Mick, that accidental "d" instead of "f" could get you in a lot of trouble...

:lmfao: that one would get me shot too...

Mick,
The CTX uses this technology

http://www.u-blox.com/en/gps-modules/neo-6p-/neo-6p.html

within 1 meter.............wow

david.di said:
Mick,
The CTX uses this technology

http://www.u-blox.com/en/gps-modules/neo-6p-/neo-6p.html

within 1 meter.............wow

Nice find. That is impressive. The more I think about it the more I am liking the GPS and mapping capabilities.

Been using a garmin etrex vista cx for a few years now, Good in some locations but with water hunting conditions can change with the next tide.

As per page 13 of the manual. With the GPSi in the "On" setting. If by chance you were to start detecting an area previously scanned by the CTX3030 a pop up message will appear.
"You idiot - do you think I missed any targets the first time?" This will prompt you to move to another area. Pretty simple feature really.

this sounds like a monthly subscription to a sevice provider for the GPS system, just like STAR on the GM automobiles. dont you all thinf on that, or the price is going to include some hick for it.
it mybe an opcion to turn on if you pay for as well.

As per page 13 of the manual. With the GPSi in the "On" setting. If by chance you were to start detecting an area previously scanned by the CTX3030 a pop up message will appear.
"You idiot - do you think I missed any targets the first time?" This will prompt you to move to another area. Pretty simple feature really.
Now tha is funy.:rofl::rofl::cry:

elki1052 said:
this sounds like a monthly subscription to a sevice provider for the GPS system
What does? The newly created urban legend of less than 1 meter precision, yes, but nothing in the material from Minelab indicates such precision.

Heelgrasper said:
elki1052 said:
this sounds like a monthly subscription to a sevice provider for the GPS system
What does? The newly created urban legend of less than 1 meter precision, yes, but nothing in the material from Minelab indicates such precision.

Minelab only said what type of GPS chip they used, the <1m was taken from the chip manufacture website

"Nothing" migh have been to strong a word. There's a single photo in the brochure that indicate precision better than 1 meter but at the same time there's one that indicates a precision level of more than 10 meters. I would be highly surprised if either is a real indication of the precision of the GPS.

I wonder how many can actually tell what photo indicates better than 1 meter precision?

CDDZ said:
Minelab only said what type of GPS chip they used, the <1m was taken from the chip manufacture website
I've only noticed that they specified the brand of chip, not the model. Where do they state the model?

[attachment 232530 Untitled.png]

Heelgrasper said:
CDDZ said:
I've only noticed that they specified the brand of chip, not the model. Where do they state the model?

Very cool David!:thumbup: That is an amazing level of accuracy, for what it is. I'm sure that there will be some variations in that depending on the number of satellites overhead at the time. Anywhere near the metre mark, and you have a very useful way of keeping track of where what ground you have detected! I've lost track of how often I've wondered off course with my currant method.
Mick Evans.

Big brother is watching!!!....I don't beleive the detector will send out a signal letting some one know where you are.

Joe

elki1052 said:
this sounds like a monthly subscription to a sevice provider for the GPS system, just like STAR on the GM automobiles. dont you all thinf on that, or the price is going to include some hick for it.
it mybe an opcion to turn on if you pay for as well.

Very unlikely as the GPS satellite system is maintained by the US government and freely accessible to anyone with a GPS receiver. On Star is totally different i.e. a subscription service that relies on cell phone communication (primarily via Verizon in the US) as well as GPS technology and includes a variety of features including Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Tracking, Turn-by-Turn Navigation, and Roadside Assistance.