Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the dam about to burst? :surprised:

Dan(NM)

As we approach the shipping day, it feels as if the floodgates are about burst wide open in regards to a massive outpouring of information and videos. Every time I visit a forum these days I expect to see a link to the manual or the price list on accessories staring back at me :) I'm finding the release of the Equinox to be very exciting and entertaining at the same time. :detecting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVUTiuPuxMc

me too Dan.

beegees said:
They have turned a new product release into a 6 month adventure series of entertainment. I'm going to cut myself off from reading any more forums about it or scanning for user videos until someone hits me over the head with the box of it. Enough of this tail wagging for those dogs.

"They". You mean the consumers, right? In my opinion, Minelab has done nothing wrong. They had a chance to debut their new machine at a big event, so despite not being ready to release, they announced it. Then they put out regular updates to keep people informed. As someone who plays video games and watches movies, I'm used to hearing about a product months, and even years, before it's released. Red Dead Redemption 2 was announced in 2016 and expected to launch in 2017, but was delayed until 2018. We are anxious to get it, but no one thinks Rockstar Games is "taking us on an adventure". We want them to release it when it is finished. How is it that younger folks that play video games are MORE PATIENT than a. Inch of retirees? Is it because the retirees are going to die soon, so they can't wait? Jeez, grow up, old men.

Tyber0z said:
They have turned a new product release into a 6 month adventure series of entertainment. I'm going to cut myself off from reading any more forums about it or scanning for user videos until someone hits me over the head with the box of it. Enough of this tail wagging for those dogs.

"They". You mean the consumers, right? In my opinion, Minelab has done nothing wrong. They had a chance to debut their new machine at a big event, so despite not being ready to release, they announced it. Then they put out regular updates to keep people informed. As someone who plays video games and watches movies, I'm used to hearing about a product months, and even years, before it's released. Red Dead Redemption 2 was announced in 2016 and expected to launch in 2017, but was delayed until 2018. We are anxious to get it, but no one thinks Rockstar Games is "taking us on an adventure". We want them to release it when it is finished. How is it that younger folks that play video games are MORE PATIENT than a. Inch of retirees? Is it because the retirees are going to die soon, so they can't wait? Jeez, grow up, old men.

I had a theory about you and I was right. Your post proved it.

Beyonder said:

I had a theory about you and I was right. Your post proved it.

So speak it.

Dont you guys get it,,They doing this to disrupt the metal detector market,So people would hold back on buying any other detectors from other manufacturers,Its a great marketing ploy their using,,,

Tom(Conn) said:
Dont you guys get it,,They doing this to disrupt the metal detector market,So people would hold back on buying any other detectors from other manufacturers,Its a great marketing ploy their using,,,

Problem is that doing that means the Dealers could run out of business and go out of business . Then there wont be anyone to buy the Equinox from .

Tom(Conn) said:

This, plus I'm sure they had to make a few adjustments based on tester feedback.

I'm going to miss all the insane postings and rants on the forums.
Not.

I think that a lot of people are in for a big surprise --- most everyone is expecting too much --- mostly greater depth --- that won't happen --- it will be a great detector at a great price , but the advantage will be, ease of use and the convenience of having 2 detectors in one lite weight waterproof box --- that is what will make all other single freq. detectors obsolete , not better depth or better I.D. ---????????????

joe clark said:
I think that a lot of people are in for a big surprise --- most everyone is expecting too much --- mostly greater depth --- that won't happen --- it will be a great detector at a great price , but the advantage will be, ease of use and the convenience of having 2 detectors in one lite weight waterproof box --- that is what will make all other single freq. detectors obsolete , not better depth or better I.D. ---????????????

have you not read minelab's own statements? Better target ID at depth is what the equinox technology is all about.

I find all off this quite interesting. I'm not rushing out to buy the Equinot because it may have 1/2" depth over my Explorer SE. I never did depend on target ID much but was always taught to go by tone.

Most people pre judging the equinox in this forum
probably have spent less time and given less thought
to their last new car purchase. Entertaining but tedious.

Nuke em said:

Problem is that doing that means the Dealers could run out of business and go out of business . Then there wont be anyone to buy the Equinox from .

Nuke em,

Ah, not quite. You're forgetting Cabelas'. :biggrin:

Rich -

Tom(Conn) said:

Possibly but I really don't think so....... they have a great reputation and build superior machines so I don't think jeopardize it.......

excitement level at debut for me was 10 and today its 1. They over played there hand imo.....