Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the dam about to burst? :surprised:

No, if they had the activity in forums would have died down.

A high percentage of guys posting on these Metal Detecting forums are elderly guys in there 60 's 70's & maybe some in there 80 's. I think that is why so much whingeing and negative comments come from.
Old men love love digging out that lovely pull tab or junk ring!. The forums are full of insane junk hunting old men!; :laugh: and yes impatience may come from the fact they want to use an equinox before it's too late.....

WHAT...... I DON'T WHINE!!! No matter What my wife says! All I want is my new toy. Snif,snif,snif. Snow...Why does it have to be cold. Sob,grumble...
Hey where is My breakfast? Grumpy ;)

I may be an old curmudgeon but that is far better than being dead. Give it a little time and if you are lucky you might live long enough to join our elite group. But then again maybe you will not. I see a lot of obituaries for folks who are only in their 40's.

Hello,
I guess I'm on the old F--t list too. I'm 74 and just started in late Sept 2017. My coinage is now over $500, mostly clads but to me a find is a find. I have some Roosevelt silvers ( 4 ), 3 Mercury dimes and 3 rings, 2 being gold. I don't need to own a hyped up machine as my AT Pro and Whites Treasure Pro are doing just fine for me. I am enjoying getting out and finding things. I do dig a few pull-tabs but who doesn't ?? I do this sometimes as my gold rings came in at the pull-tab numbers. I also have some great new prospects when I don't have frozen ground. My arthritis bothers me in the hips but I refuse to give in to pain. So all you old guys keep digging may we all have a great 2018. JUST DIGGIN DIRT !!!
Novice Ron

Got a pretty low opinion of "Seniors" don't you SONNY!
Doctorcoinz said:
A high percentage of guys posting on these Metal Detecting forums are elderly guys in there 60 's 70's & maybe some in there 80 's. I think that is why so much whingeing and negative comments come from.
Old men love love digging out that lovely pull tab or junk ring!. The forums are full of insane junk hunting old men!; :laugh: and yes impatience may come from the fact they want to use an equinox before it's too late.....

One more exercise in age discrimination. Many whines are not aged to a fine degree. My grandchildren do an excellent job of expressing their displeasure with many varied aspects of life. My great grandchildren are not there yet, but I know its coming. Whippersnappers just don't appreciate history like those of us who remember it as a current event of our youth, but they will (heh, heh, heh...).

Age debate:

Well it all stems from jealousy. Young people are jealous of older people because they want what older people have, and older people are jealous because they lost what young people have.

Now in regards to the Nox dragging it's feet for release, if you look around you will see SMARTER manufacturers are taking FULL advantage of it. In my famous conspiracy post, I pointed out this possibility as almost fact, I was right.

Beyonder said:
Age debate:

Well it all stems from jealousy. Young people are jealous of older people because they want what older people have, and older people are jealous because they lost what young people have.

Now in regards to the Nox dragging it's feet for release, if you look around you will see SMARTER manufacturers are taking FULL advantage of it. In my famous conspiracy post, I pointed out this possibility as almost fact, I was right.[/quote

You keep saying that Minelab is "dragging it's feet" with the Nox release. They stated early on to expect release around Feb. So, they are right on the mark. As for "smarter" manufacturers... you must be referring to Mak/Nok... considering that you have been gushing about the Kruzer announcement. I like Mak/Nok as well...Iv'e had three of them. Good detectors. Personally, though, I don't understand your enthusiasm for the Kruzer release and your subsequent bashing of the Nox release. The Nox has EVERYTHING that the Kruzer has PLUS mode specific simultaneous multi freq. To me, the Kruzer is just another single freq (select-able) VLF. Nothing more than a waterproof Impact/Gold Racer (being waterproof is always an upgrade and should have been the standard in detectors for years). I believe most of us are tired of manufactures re-packaging (waterproofing) their old tech and marketing it as the latest greatest thing as Nok/Mak has just done. VLF is old tech and reached it's peak long ago. If Nok/Mak would have announced a simultaneous multi freq OR a PI unit...now THAT would have got my attention! I'm underwhelmed by the Kruzer offering considering the new tech that Minelab is launching.

Dean

Doctorcoinz said:
Well if you do not like us old people tough.Could be we do to like you now.

dbado1 said:
Age debate:

Now in regards to the Nox dragging it's feet for release, if you look around you will see SMARTER manufacturers are taking FULL advantage of it. In my famous conspiracy post, I pointed out this possibility as almost fact, I was right.[/quote

You keep saying that Minelab is "dragging it's feet" with the Nox release. They stated early on to expect release around Feb. So, they are right on the mark. As for "smarter" manufacturers... you must be referring to Mak/Nok... considering that you have been gushing about the Kruzer announcement. I like Mak/Nok as well...Iv'e had three of them. Good detectors. Personally, though, I don't understand your enthusiasm for the Kruzer release and your subsequent bashing of the Nox release. The Nox has EVERYTHING that the Kruzer has PLUS mode specific simultaneous multi freq. To me, the Kruzer is just another single freq (select-able) VLF. Nothing more than a waterproof Impact/Gold Racer (being waterproof is always an upgrade and should have been the standard in detectors for years). I believe most of us are tired of manufactures re-packaging (waterproofing) their old tech and marketing it as the latest greatest thing as Nok/Mak has just done. VLF is old tech and reached it's peak long ago. If Nok/Mak would have announced a simultaneous multi freq OR a PI unit...now THAT would have got my attention! I'm underwhelmed by the Kruzer offering considering the new tech that Minelab is launching.

Dean

"They stated early on to expect release around Feb. "

That was never said as far as I saw. What I did see was a Minelab representative at Detectival in Sept said that there would be an early December release Whether he mis-spoke or not is irrelevant. He gave a time frame and therefore expectations.

"Personally, though, I don't understand your enthusiasm for the Kruzer release and your subsequent bashing of the Nox release."

In regards to a product release in a world of online shopping and overnight shipping, the consumers expectations are king. If you can't deliver quickly, with a quality product at a great price, you might as well sit on the sidelines and watch your sales figures decline.

Anyway, I will debate you on the Kruzer on the Makro forum if you want, just post something I will respond.

Getting back to the Nox, I really like the Nox, and I have one on order. It may just be unbeatable in many different areas. BUT, it's not out yet so no one will really know until release. I'm excited about the Nox and when it is released, I will be posting videos.

I don't believe in good or bad press, just honest press.

Doctorcoinz said:

I spent most of my life in collision repair, for the last 10 before retirement I worded as an instructor at a community college. I never heard so many people whine in my entire life, all aged from 18 - 30, if I had hired one of them to work for me, they would have been fired within a week. I joined the Army in 1972 and was hopping to go to Vietnam in order to kill moving targets, the only thing I whined about is before I finished training in 1973 our fearless leader decided to pull troupes out of south east Asia, not knowing that in the early 1980's I would have had another chance in the Middle east, I decided not to reenlist.

Yes it would be nice to be young again and know what I now now, but at least I made it, will you.

We were made aware of the upcoming release. Minelab always did say they would get the detector out as fast as possible , " maybe " in December ,....but they did always stick to it being more likely Jan. or Feb. I don't know what all the negativity is about , if you don't like it....... go buy a Garrett. If they didn't announce it so early then a bunch of folks would be upset when it was released sayin " I wish I had know about this earlier , before I went and bought something else ! " Just be patient , if its as good as they say then it was worth the wait. It will be released and shipped when its ready , there is no reason to complain. If they kept you waiting until this July I could see being ticked about it but as things stand they are still on track with what they have been saying all along , in spite of them wanting to get it out sooner.

ohiochris said:
We were made aware of the upcoming release. Minelab always did say they would get the detector out as fast as possible , " maybe " in December ,....but they did always stick to it being more likely Jan. or Feb. I don't know what all the negativity is about , if you don't like it....... go buy a Garrett. If they didn't announce it so early then a bunch of folks would be upset when it was released sayin " I wish I had know about this earlier , before I went and bought something else ! " Just be patient , if its as good as they say then it was worth the wait. It will be released and shipped when its ready , there is no reason to complain. If they kept you waiting until this July I could see being ticked about it but as things stand they are still on track with what they have been saying all along , in spite of them wanting to get it out sooner.

Well said!

" If you don't like it go buy a Garrett"...Now that's funny :thumbup:

Dean

ohiochris said:
if you don't like it....... go buy a Garrett.

OUCH!

Actually though, this brings up a really good point. Not to bash Garrett, but with the Equinox, Makro Kruzer and some other recent AT detectors released or on the verge of release, it sure seems they missed the boat with their AT Max. Cannot think of a single logical reason why anyone would buy an AT Max now.

I recently bought a Max. Why? Because I wanted one and could afford one. I'll also probably buy a Nox. Why? Because I want one and can afford one. Are those good reasons to buy anything you want . Desire and affordability.

So If you buy something from me(Sept) for $1000, and I tell you that you will have it at the beginning of Dec, then three months(Oct Nov Dec) goes by with no information at all and at the end of the month(Dec), I tell you I will ship it at the end of next month(Jan), and then at the end of that month(Jan) say "oh by the way, it's going take a month and a half to ship it to you"(Mid march), you would be okay with that?

If you read around on the forums, you will get the big picture I am talking about.

Beyonder said:
So If you buy something from me(Sept) for $1000, and I tell you that you will have it at the beginning of Dec, then three months(Oct Nov Dec) goes by with no information at all and at the end of the month(Dec), I tell you I will ship it at the end of next month(Jan), and then at the end of that month(Jan) say "oh by the way, it's going take a month and a half to ship it to you"(Mid march), you would be okay with that?

If you read around on the forums, you will get the big picture I am talking about.

If your dealer made you pay in advance to be on some early order list... you need to find a new dealer. Minelab didn't collect that money. You are confusing Minelab with a dealer who took your money early. You should be upset at your dealer (or yourself). Again, Minelab never said, "that you would have it at the beginning of Dec." As was mentioned on other, perhaps, more reputable forums- "Don't believe anything other than an official Minelab release announcement"- in response to all of the mis-information bantered about. At the Minelab partners conference Minelab announced that the detector would be shipped to the dealers at the end of Jan. There have been weird and wild shipping prognostications by some on the forums (a month and a half? mid march? ) but, in the end, they get here when they get here... and it will be soon. And, yes, I'm okay with that. But, then again, I didn't fall for the B.S. being spread around on the forums.

Dean

beegees --

My opinion?

You need to relax a little bit, and IMO need to understand a few things differently. Of course, that's none of my business, but I will offer my opinion anyway, for what it's worth.

When Minelab announced the detector at Detectival, it was a PROTOTYPE. A not nearly completed, still-being-developed unit. The gave us a "target date" for completion of sometime hopefully before the end of the year. So some took that to mean "in time for Christmas." Christmas came, the detector didn't. Some people got upset.

MEANWHILE, Minelab's engineering team CONTINUED to work on, and tweak, the machine's software -- based on continued input from field testers. Why the secrecy? BECAUSE it was a machine in a non-completed state -- they were still working on changes and adjustments and improvements! Look at the gold mode, for instance. For the longest time, word from Minelab was that the "gold mode" would use only single frequencies -- 20 kHz or 40 kHz. BUT -- just a few weeks ago, based on ongoing input from a couple of Minelab's field testers who are also expert gold prospectors, they made adjustment's/improvements to the gold mode, to where now gold mold can run in multi-frequency -- in other words, that mode, too, now utilizes the new Multi-IQ technology.

Another change that's come about just recently? Iron bias. A setting, adjustable from 0-9, that will help users to deal with "falsing" when hunting in iron.

These are only changes we KNOW about. Since Detectival, Minelab has been working on an INCOMPLETE machine, trying to make it the best it can be, before release. The SECRECY has largely been due to the fact that it's an incomplete unit, and Minelab only wants information on specifics as to what the machine is capable of, and how it operates, AFTER IT IS COMPLETE. So for now, they've remained tight-lipped about a still-incomplete machine. Makes sense, to me.

Has there been a delay? Yes, it appears that there has been a slight delay. As I said -- Minelab was making changes/improvements as little as a few weeks ago. To ME, that's a good thing. It will be a better machine, once it arrives, because of it.

As others have said, Minelab announced a machine that was still in prototype stage, and they were targeting "end of the year" for completion. WE (those of us who are angry) put our own expectations on Minelab, and when those self-imposed expectations were not met, got mad. Anyone at this point who is "angry," and threatening to "get a refund," or "buy another machine," have at it. You are free to do so. But it's not the dealer's fault; they took pre-orders (in some cases involving payments) for machines that THE CUSTOMERS WANTED, such that they freely and excitedly elected to "get on a list." Minelab hasn't done anything "wrong" either, from my view, other than take a bit longer than first estimated trying to wrap up design of an exciting new detector. In doing so, many folks who seem to demand "what they want, when they want it" have gotten rather miffed that the machine did not arrive when they wanted it, and that they aren't getting the info/updates they think they deserve. Again, people are free to think and feel what they want -- and even to pitch a fit and demand to be removed from the "pre-order" list.

Me? I'm glad Minelab is working hard to produce the best machine possible. I'll get it when it's ready, and arrives on my porch. When it does, I'll be happy to use it. Until then, Minelab doesn't "owe" me ANYTHING.

Just my two cents.

Steve