Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the dam about to burst? :surprised:

What sgoss66 said. Very good explanation of what has transpired over the last few months. Thanks Steve!

Ahhh, do you need some cheese to go with whine beegees? LOL, some people just love to complain.

I rarely comment in forums, but I read this forum on an almost daily basis. I am excited about the potential advances in the metal detecting industry along with speed and light weight of the Equinox. At the age of 77 I need a light weight machine. I can no longer easily swing my Sovereign Elite for 4 to 6 hours and the addition of the 20 and 40 Khz frequencies is fascinating. As long as the machine is dunkable, I'll be very happy since I will never go much beyond waist deep. I'll be losing my job due to store closure in early April, just in time for the depositors to start arriving for our ongoing beach replenishment mode - Yuchh!

In any event that's my thought for today. HH oltimer in NJ

beegees said:
Hey Jason, some people just can't help themselves from spinning bs here and dressing us down when we talk about facts.

Here you go. September video explaining some things that people here said weren't true since and speculated about otherwise.

3 coils available at launch, says it couple times. Waterproof audio connectors.
He never says things like, will be offering coil options after launch cause we will be still developing them in January. Nobody says buyers will need to buy their own waterproof audio connectors to fully go under. Make sure you look for those after you get your waterproof detector.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=5PgG686ZNwg

Some people may not like my or other's 'complaints", but I many of my complaints started appearing when people here started telling us what we were told by Minelab isn't going to be true. From dates, to parts, to everything, and then feeding us lines of bull spin for why.

I get it Jason. You don't care. Good for you.

"Buy your own water proof connectors"- what are you talking about? Why are you listening to "people here"?
Dude, take a chill pill. It's just a frigging metal detector!

Dean

This is turning into a volatile issue, like sports, politics, or religion. I'm not happy with the way the Nox was released and I solely blame the manufacturer and NO ONE ELSE for that. I did the research. I spoke with some that were in the know. I watched every Detechival video tied to the Nox as well as other videos. I read multi-forums nearly all day EVERY day(some here can attest to that).

Having said that, I will now say this:

We each have our own beliefs. Some see facts differently or not at all. We agree to disagree.

beegees said:
That's fine, but..
Edit: screw it. I don't need anyone else telling me to only listen to what minelab reports publicly and then turn around and feed me speculative spin.

Facts:
-Minelab says, shipping late January. Ramped up manufacturing to meet that extended date and unexpected interest.

True, that was said. No problem so far...

-Never pushed out a marketing video of detecting fully submerged or prospecting gold for that matter. Saltwater and gold areas hard to come by in Australia obviously.

How often do you see marketing videos for products THAT DON'T ACTUALLY EXIST IN FINAL FORM yet? The last TV you bought, did you see marketing videos for that TV before you bought it? Usually, marketing videos, in my experience, are produced ONCE THERE IS A COMPLETED PRODUCT TO MARKET.

-Dates pushed back, late dealers meetings

Dates for release were pushed back by a month or so, from the original estimate given at Detectival. So what? Some reasons for that have been mentioned -- particularly due to rather substantial changes to the "gold mode" based on continued tester feedback. WHO SAYS the dealer's meeting was "late." Did they give a date that the dealer's meeting would happen, and then missed that date? If so, I haven't heard that.

-Mums the word

Mum is ALWAYS the word, when a product is incomplete/in production. Again, how much info about the latest TV model you bought, did you receive before the TV was in production mode? How about the last car you bought? Were you finding lots of info and reviews and marketing videos on youtube prior to the car rolling off the assembly line?

-Confusing information noticed about audio jacks and need for extra adapters for detecting while fully submerged. (speculation?)

Again -- how much did you hear about the audio jacks and adapters and such for the last TV you purchased, prior to it arriving in stores? How about your stereo? Your smart phone? Did you know the specifics about Apple using a new "lightning cable," starting with the iPhone 5, as opposed to the prior cable used to charge the iPhone 4 and prior models, BEFORE the iPhone 5 was for sale? Or did we learn about that once the product was complete/available for sale? NO. You learn these details AFTER the product is RELEASED FOR SALE. We are NO THERE YET, with the Equinox!

-More speculation(?) - "improvements to software" happening just last week!

NO ONE said last week. I said "in the past few weeks."

And this is NOT "speculation." That is incorrect. It's FACT. Read Minelab's prior "getting started guide" released a few months ago, and the one released most recently, less than a month ago. NOTE the changes to the gold mode, where instead of running ONLY single frequency, it now utilizes Multi-IQ.

-Almost anything electronic sold today offers software and firmware updates after purchase. Often quickstart guides require a check immediately.

Don't know for sure what you are saying here; it sounds like you are saying Minelab should just release the incomplete product, and then continue to work on "finishing it," sending out firmware updates to customers repeatedly as the product nears completion. Ok....

I call spin on this "software improvement" thing. We can be their further field testers at this point.

I can't speak for you, but personally I find this silly. No company in their right mind would release an incomplete product, and wait for feedback from the average customer so that they can complete said product. Field testing is done for a reason -- to arrive at a product that matches the Engineering and Design departments' original intent. Products are not (unless a mistake has been made) released until the function and capability of a product matches what the designers and engineers intended, when the product was still "on paper," in development. It would by corporate SUICIDE to run a business where you send flawed/incomplete products out to consumers and expect them to help you work out the kinks/bugs/issues...

-Late January (28th) has arrived. Mums the word.

I expect that we will hear that machines are shipped/moving to the distributors in the next few days.

Meanwhile, all this "I want what I want and I want it now" smacks of immaturity and self-centeredness in my opinion. IF you don't want the machine, don't buy it. Sheesh.

Steve

beegees, I agree with you and understand the situation you are in and anyone else who would put themselves in that situation, would feel the same way.

There seems to be this idea by some that, "If my opinion is indefensible, then I need to attack the oppositions character in order to nullify the argument". So when you see someone attack the poster rather than the topic, they don't have any defense.

beegees --

I owe you an apology, in that a part of my post was me venting some frustration -- frustration at "other folks frustration." Kind of ironic, when I look at it that way. I lost my temper a bit, and should not have.

I get frustrated, because I come to this forum to see if there's anything new, regarding the Equinox, or any interesting talk about detecting aspects of the machine. However, that's what I PERSONALLY want from this forum; that doesn't mean it's what everyone wants, and I am not -- and don't wish to be -- the forum police. I have been getting frustrated with all the posts about people being angry about the release process -- but that's my problem, no one else's. I will not vent any other frustration about this issue, and will accept that others who are frustrated have as much right to post as anyone else.

So, I offer you my apologies for venting some of my "frustration with some folks' frustrations" -- toward you.

I am sorry the unit will not be available for your vacation.

Steve

sgoss66 said:
beegees --

I owe you an apology, in that a part of my post was me venting some frustration -- frustration at "other folks frustration." Kind of ironic, when I look at it that way. I lost my temper a bit, and should not have.

I get frustrated, because I come to this forum to see if there's anything new, regarding the Equinox, or any interesting talk about detecting aspects of the machine. However, that's what I PERSONALLY want from this forum; that doesn't mean it's what everyone wants, and I am not -- and don't wish to be -- the forum police. I have been getting frustrated with all the posts about people being angry about the release process -- but that's my problem, no one else's. I will not vent any other frustration about this issue, and will accept that others who are frustrated have as much right to post as anyone else.

So, I offer you my apologies for venting some of my "frustration with some folks' frustrations" -- toward you.

I am sorry the unit will not be available for your vacation.

Steve

It takes a strong person to admit when they are wrong. It shows good character.

It takes an equally strong person to acknowledge the apology. Or at least one who's not an egomaniac.

I try my best to live by the "Golden Rule," and treat folks with respect, but sometimes fall short. That post was an example of falling a little short, and I wish that I would not have said some of what I said -- in particular the last line.

I'll strive to do a better job going forward.

Steve

beegees said:
We were made aware of the upcoming release. Minelab always did say they would get the detector out as fast as possible , " maybe " in December ,....but they did always stick to it being more likely Jan. or Feb. I don't know what all the negativity is about , if you don't like it....... go buy a Garrett. If they didn't announce it so early then a bunch of folks would be upset when it was released sayin " I wish I had know about this earlier , before I went and bought something else ! " Just be patient , if its as good as they say then it was worth the wait. It will be released and shipped when its ready , there is no reason to complain. If they kept you waiting until this July I could see being ticked about it but as things stand they are still on track with what they have been saying all along , in spite of them wanting to get it out sooner.

Why does it pain you so much what others are saying? You say if we were sitting here waiting till July then you would be Ok with it? Who's says we won't be that long, or March or April? December was in fact shared as a target and passed. Late January was targeted for shipping in a more public notice that explicitly took into account what they noticed was "unprecedented interest" and due to that they stated a later date and suggested they were ramping up manufacturing to meet that demand. That we understood. What concern has arisen, and that you read in posts, is from what has appeared to be a slow preparation for rollout by that date with no further updates to the public. Some of you want to claim now that it was "always" said to be February, even March. Way to move the goal posts for them. What makes July a long enough wait that you would accept for the complaint meter and yet September to January isn't? Who says? You? You hold no sway over my thoughts about time.

As for me and the suggestion you posted for complainers, if I had wanted another Garret it would already be with me. A preorder was made for this specific detector based on enticing and exciting new tech claims and stated plans of release. I myself have plans. A vacation set for warmer climates where I had hoped to bring this along as a second unit for the two of us going. I can tell you if I don't start hearing of anyone receiving them in late January early February I can tell you I'm gong to probably go from excitedly impatient to possibly dropping my preorder so I can afford to next day air ship something else that is available to my door so I know I have a pair of detectors for the trip for certain. Receiving an EQ the first week of February would leave me maybe 4 to 5 days to figure it out before leaving. That was going to be enough for me, if it arrives. I can tell you I did not initially take their statement about shipping out late January to mean the start of a month or two long journey to the sun and back. It is 2018 afterall. My words shouldn't bother you since you are loaded with patience and probably enough detectors in the closet to cover all that is needed. But as you can see from my situation, all you others pushing goalposts for them into late february and march do sort of sting for me.

I'm at this products forum because we are discussing - it. At least for now.

Yep , don't take offense , we are just discussing it. Here is some more rational discussion :

Well ,.....you pre ordered based on a partially functional prototype and good intentions to get it sent out by early January. It was an unfinished machine , so it should have been understood as dependent on variables. So its now February , with confirmation they are starting to ship....cant technically even call it a full month late even though there was a delay considering " Jan. " don't mean Jan. 1st. any delay could literally be described as just a couple weeks ( just days if their wording was " January " instead of " early January " ) .... And what you will receive for any amount of frustration you may have had ,.....is a better machine for their efforts to get it right. Cheer up,....things aren't as bad as they are made out to be. It sucks that you may not have it in time for your trip , but that don't mean minelab screwed you over ,......its just an unfortunate circumstance.

And I'm not even a minelab guy , I have one detector....an AT pro , I'm not even sure how I'm gonna afford an equinox , but I have been anxiously looking forward to real world reviews as soon as possible so I can figure out what I am willing to give up to get one LOL

Cal_Cobra said:
if you don't like it....... go buy a Garrett.

OUCH!

Actually though, this brings up a really good point. Not to bash Garrett, but with the Equinox, Makro Kruzer and some other recent AT detectors released or on the verge of release, it sure seems they missed the boat with their AT Max. Cannot think of a single logical reason why anyone would buy an AT Max now.

You got that right. Not that there is anything wrong with the MAX as far as I know , but its what the PRO " should have " been , at the time the PRO was released , but now its old technology and Garrett was capable of so much more. Ive been a Garrett guy for a while now , after using Whites and Tesoro for years. I couldn't wait for the official release of the MAX so I could see this sophisticated new all terrain detector. I had hopes for something substantially different from the pro , .....maybe almost what the Equinox is ,......but as I sat there finally reading the official release and details I was like that little kid on the Christmas story movie deciphering a secret message with his little orphan Annie decoder pin , when he said.....that's it ? a freakin commercial ?!!! :thumbdown: And now that I can get a more advanced detector , even multi frequency , in the same price range I am even less interested.

I dont use the Garret Pro, in any of its iterations, but I hunt with guys that use it almost all the time and they are good with it. In my opinion, it is the very best machine, FOR THE PRICE, a person can buy. Garrett is second to None is support also Having said that, I have been a Minelab user since about 1997, with a F75 Ltd Se as a backup. Just sent the F75 off to a dealer as trade on the Eq.

If that is the case they lost a sale ... just bought a new MX Sport ... got tired of waiting.
However ... if the Equinox proves out I will no doubt be getting one this summer.

the water is about to crest!

beegees said:
Just think if we could harness the energy of anticipation, frustration, and antipathy building over this anti-release. Imagine what could be accomplished if we could come up with something better to do then wait on a detector thingamajig this long trying to discern what is real, what is rumor, and what is officially real and yet still a rumor.

Says the guy who made his account three weeks ago and who has mostly posted negative messages about the Equinox, disparaging comments about Minelab, and overall FUD about this situation. But wait...I shouldn't say that type of thing dismissively. I should actually quantify a statement like that........

Hey, here's a neat idea; what do you think it would look like if we took 10 minutes to color-code each of your posts over the last three weeks? For example, let's say we simply categorize your comments by "positive", "neutral", and "negative" - where "positive" is a non-confrontational comment that contributes to discussions; "neutral" is a non-confrontational message that doesn't lean one way or the other; and "negative" is a confrontational comment, or a personal attack, or FUD and misinformation, or any comment where you just whine about this perceived injustice being done to us by Minelab?

Well...I did that. I looked at 76 of your comments - the vast majority of which are about the Equinox - and I coded them in just the way I described above. See for yourself. Of course this is just how I perceive your comments, so it's subjective, and of course some of your negative comments are in response to other folks making negative comments....but I read all your posts and it's objectively clear you are REALLY frustrated about the Equinox. If you've decided you don't want one, would you mind going to the forum of the detector you DO want?

Also, don't bother doing mine - it will be all red, and I know that, because I'm not afraid to argue with folks like you.

TggJF

You are 100% correct and its a shoddy business practice.
I will order something else as Mine no longer qualifies for
my money!

Pot meet Kettle... sure are some miserable SOB's in this group... that being said I was told mine would be in my dealers hands as of Saturday, If I have time to get out to him it will be in my hands...

Tyber0z said:
Just think if we could harness the energy of anticipation, frustration, and antipathy building over this anti-release. Imagine what could be accomplished if we could come up with something better to do then wait on a detector thingamajig this long trying to discern what is real, what is rumor, and what is officially real and yet still a rumor.

Says the guy who made his account three weeks ago and who has mostly posted negative messages about the Equinox, disparaging comments about Minelab, and overall FUD about this situation. But wait...I shouldn't say that type of thing dismissively. I should actually quantify a statement like that........

Hey, here's a neat idea; what do you think it would look like if we took 10 minutes to color-code each of your posts over the last three weeks? For example, let's say we simply categorize your comments by "positive", "neutral", and "negative" - where "positive" is a non-confrontational comment that contributes to discussions; "neutral" is a non-confrontational message that doesn't lean one way or the other; and "negative" is a confrontational comment, or a personal attack, or FUD and misinformation, or any comment where you just whine about this perceived injustice being done to us by Minelab?

Well...I did that. I looked at 76 of your comments - the vast majority of which are about the Equinox - and I coded them in just the way I described above. See for yourself. Of course this is just how I perceive your comments, so it's subjective, and of course some of your negative comments are in response to other folks making negative comments....but I read all your posts and it's objectively clear you are REALLY frustrated about the Equinox. If you've decided you don't want one, would you mind going to the forum of the detector you DO want?

Also, don't bother doing mine - it will be all red, and I know that, because I'm not afraid to argue with folks like you.

https://imgur.com/a/TggJF