Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Large Gold

GateKeeper

I hunted an old house tonight that dated back to the mid 1800's. About an hour in I got a 12/29 signal at 8 inches. As I pulled out my prize, I had no idea what it was. I went over to by buddy Carvers house and started to clean it up. It ends up its an old gold cane handle. It has the name Jessy ingraved on it. Its very ornate, and will take some time getting all the crud out of all the crevices. Also found a gaming token from New York. Has the face of the $20.00 gold piece from 1880.

Solid. Just tested it. 18K

Gotta love that big gold!

Congratulations Phil, that is one for the books..... and magazines......:biggrin:

That's all I see also

dont sell that thing for scrap its worth at least melt x2! Nice Find!

I believe this cane handle would have been a lady's cane. The small size and the name JESSY makes me think this was for a woman.
Good Job
Carver

Awesome recovery Phil. Absolutely beautiful. HH Randy

Very Nice! How does someone end up losing that?