Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Manticore

Anyone hear anything my dealer says no information forthcoming from Minelab I swear they sent out the 900’s and 700’s first for a reason.
Mark

Anyone hear anything my dealer says no information forthcoming from Minelab I swear they sent out the 900’s and 700’s first for a reason.
Mark
I haven't heard anything, I cancelled 2 orders which I would already have now according to the dealers I ordered from.
I'm really glad I did. I got a 900 though and like it pretty well. I have left it at home though for my last 3 hunts. I took the Deus II instead.
Yes the 700 and 900 were available first, but not offered until all of those pre-orders were in for the Manticore. I think they knew most people would go for the 900 because of the price difference and the very little performance difference so they kept it under wraps.
And once people were on the list they hated to cancel because they felt like they were giving up on the latest and greatest.
It was a hard choice for me but I'm very glad I cancelled.

My dealer says the same thing has no idea when next shipment arrives. No pre-orders. When it does we get an e-mail its in, first come first serve basis.

I feel for you guys waiting for your Manticores. Mark Dayton (youtube) says he has an inside contact at Minelab and said a shipment was on its way last week. But I've been watching my U.S. Customs source and nothing appears to be showing up in the U.S. The last Minelab detector shipment I see arrived way back on December 20th. Minelab Americas slow walked that December shipment releasing a few at a time so they must have known there was a manufacturing bottleneck somewhere that was going to delay the next shipment. Unless you are at the top of the line with a dealer, I would keep checking the Cabela's website late at night and early in the morning. They were receiving a few and they don't take pre-orders. They just put up a Manticore page and let the first people to order get them. That's how I snagged mine a few weeks ago. I don't know if the dealer I had my order at for months ever got any. I just canceled when Cabela's sent me one.

Another place to check is the distributor in NYC. I don't remember the exact name but a quick search will find their out of date website that says they are a Minelab distributor. You can call them and get on their list which is very short and no pre-payment required. It's an older couple running the store. They only accept Paypal or wired funds if they get one for you.

Last edited:
I feel for you guys waiting for your Manticores. Mark Dayton (youtube) says he has an inside contact at Minelab and said a shipment was on its way last week.
I did contact a few dealers and I didn't realize how the process works till I talked to Seph at NWDetectors. Super nice guy and explained the process to me. I did manage to luck into one and am very thankful!!!! I seen on Metal Detecting NYC that Minelab is releasing a X-TERRA PRO. No wonder they can't keep up as they have released what 4 new detectors here lately??? Seems like people and dealers on the west coast might be getting there MC first that's just my opinion as I've talked to KellyCO , Serious Detecting, Dixie Detecting and WeDig Metal detectors and haven't heard a thing. KellyCO quit taking pre-orders now as they have like 238 on there list or so the guy told me.

I did contact a few dealers and I didn't realize how the process works till I talked to Seph at NWDetectors. Super nice guy and explained the process to me. I did manage to luck into one and am very thankful!!!! I seen on Metal Detecting NYC that Minelab is releasing a X-TERRA PRO. No wonder they can't keep up as they have released what 4 new detectors here lately??? Seems like people and dealers on the west coast might be getting there MC first that's just my opinion as I've talked to KellyCO , Serious Detecting, Dixie Detecting and WeDig Metal detectors and haven't heard a thing. KellyCO quit taking pre-orders now as they have like 238 on there list or so the guy told me.
I guess that's what happens when you deal with companies overseas. 4 new machines that's allot to keep up with. Hope they don't cut corners with quality because of the demand.

Looks like a shipment of Minelab detectors hit U.S. Customs on Friday February 10th. I can't tell if they are Manticores, Noxes or the new X Terra Pro. If I were to guess, I would say this is a shipment including more Manticores.

I feel for you guys waiting for your Manticores. Mark Dayton (youtube) says he has an inside contact at Minelab and said a shipment was on its way last week. But I've been watching my U.S. Customs source and nothing appears to be showing up in the U.S. The last Minelab detector shipment I see arrived way back on December 20th. Minelab Americas slow walked that December shipment releasing a few at a time so they must have known there was a manufacturing bottleneck somewhere that was going to delay the next shipment. Unless you are at the top of the line with a dealer, I would keep checking the Cabela's website late at night and early in the morning. They were receiving a few and they don't take pre-orders. They just put up a Manticore page and let the first people to order get them. That's how I snagged mine a few weeks ago. I don't know if the dealer I had my order at for months ever got any. I just canceled when Cabela's sent me one.

Another place to check is the distributor in NYC. I don't remember the exact name but a quick search will find their out of date website that says they are a Minelab distributor. You can call them and get on their list which is very short and no pre-payment required. It's an older couple running the store. They only accept Paypal or wired funds if they get one for you.
I know I heard they were shot down over Canada by mistake sent over from China the slow way!
Mark

I picked up a Manti last month on Amazon. There was 1 left. So I jumped on it. I checked Amazon continually. Took about a week to get after ordering. I like the 2D screen. That little extra. Sold my Deus 2. The charging on Minelab machines are quick and easy. Screen is large and easy to operate. Down to 3 machines. Manti, TDI Pulse Scan, TDI Beachhunter. Got to quit somewhere. Now, for some yellow. Good luck friends!

Mark
I think your right . They are holding manticores back to keep the demand for manticore sales up. So those that get bored of waiting will go buy a 900 ! .
The 900 is by far the best value though with that 6 inch coil included. and 99% as deep as manticore and just as fast. I will tell you guys some thing that
plenty of treasure hunters will pay $1000 for 1 cm extra depth.