Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab nailed the update!

IMHO Minelab nailed this update. The Equinox seemed to run much smoother. I even think the separation is better and the depth meter is definitely close to being on point. BTY, I was running Park 2, sensitivity at 23, reactivity at 5, iron bias at 2 and 5 tones. I have about 8 hours hunting with the update on a site that I had written off. I hadn’t been back to this site since my Etrac days. There are a lot of nails in ground that is like butter so I figured it would be a good test for deep coexisting targets. I was amazed at the results I got with the Equinox and I can not believe I missed this many targets. 7 Mercs, 2 War Nickels, 2 Buffaloes, 2 V Nickels and 15 wheats. I would say about 70% had a nail or a piece of iron in the hole with it and they were all 7-10” deep. You can see by the lack of clad that I had previously cleaned out all the shallow targets.

I hope, the depth reading on the EQ is horrible IMO, that's one of the things I dislike about it.

Glad it works for you Jeff!! I cant wait to take a dip with the updates, it seems fine in the dirt.

HH Laplander

Firefighter 43,

Well done. Looks like the Equinox is a much better 'fit' for this site then your etrac.

Thanks for the post and the pic.

Rich (Utah)

I've taken the Nox to a few places after the update, and I am pretty sure the update was no game changer. Maybe the Nox is a bit more stable, but I'm not sure. The Nox experience is essentially what it was before. That's not a bad thing. The update didn't brick or cripple the machine, and we get a few bug fixes and incremental improvements, and hopefully more to come.

Always Curious said:
I've taken the Nox to a few places after the update, and I am pretty sure the update was no game changer. Maybe the Nox is a bit more stable, but I'm not sure. The Nox experience is essentially what it was before. That's not a bad thing. The update didn't brick or cripple the machine, and we get a few bug fixes and incremental improvements, and hopefully more to come.

Like-wise here, don't know that I see much of a difference after the upgrade!

Altamaha said:

Like-wise here, don't know that I see much of a difference after the upgrade!

+1

So far I feel the tone is a little crisper and it does seem a bit more stable. I can run with my sensitivity a tad higher 22 and not have as much chatter as before.

Here is my interpretation of the original post.The Nox can find targets the E- Trac can't.
Matt

Ive got mixed feelings about the update. Because of the Red Tide i was unable to hunt in the water...... so spent 4 hours wet/damp sand hunting on Siesta Beach. They seemed to uped the sensitivity yet got it to run smoother. I say that because PPing a target off the tip by swinging over the target isnt a distinct as before...... kind of like you need to reduce the sensitivity. Coins...... much better cleaner signals on deep ones. Now the bad for me. I was getting these great 13 signals........ no break up just really banging. Who guesses nickels? I did..... but everyone one was a shallow bottle cap. Bottle caps for me on the old program used to bounce.... high low then a neg thrown in there. BUT.... in most cases i saw a 15 in there somewhere. I was getting tabs at 12 and 16..... before they were 14. Thou many of them were deep. Im a little concerned they improved the coin end at the expense of gold. Its a little early since its impossible to do much water hunting right now. Ill say this..... im glad they have a way for us to go back to the old program.

Dew

dewcon4414 said:
Ive got mixed feelings about the update. Because of the Red Tide i was unable to hunt in the water...... so spent 4 hours wet/damp sand hunting on Siesta Beach. They seemed to uped the sensitivity yet got it to run smoother. I say that because PPing a target off the tip by swinging over the target isnt a distinct as before...... kind of like you need to reduce the sensitivity. Coins...... much better cleaner signals on deep ones. Now the bad for me. I was getting these great 13 signals........ no break up just really banging. Who guesses nickels? I did..... but everyone one was a shallow bottle cap. Bottle caps for me on the old program used to bounce.... high low then a neg thrown in there. BUT.... in most cases i saw a 15 in there somewhere. I was getting tabs at 12 and 16..... before they were 14. Thou many of them were deep. Im a little concerned they improved the coin end at the expense of gold. Its a little early since its impossible to do much water hunting right now. Ill say this..... im glad they have a way for us to go back to the old program.

Dew

I've had the same experience as you after the update...

And my pinpoint function still acts the same as it was with the old software which is ok cuz I've just come to deal with it... no biggie...

Never tried the PP....but the depth meeter (that I dont use) seemed to be pretty good. I just need som red tide to get out of here and find a piece of gold lol.

Just updated my 800. Mac Book Pro running Sierra 10.12.6 - FIRST I downloaded Chrome. Everything went smooth and fast. It'll be a while before I can get out and detect, too many elder care and family issues to address. Actually all that stuff KILLED my entire summer but family is family and I'll get through it. At least I have my test targets in the yard to try it out.