Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Manticore tone chart

Listener

Decided I needed to create a chart to give me a perspective on where I could use some discrimination if needed. I don’t discriminate usually. I like five tones all regions but made a few changes from the stock settings. I used targets I have found at the settings you see. Yours might look different in your soil. Thanks for looking. Hope this helps, it helped me and records my settings. I started with blank charts and made charts of all the stock programs. This is the finest grid paper I could find. I think 5 squares per inch would be better but couldn’t find any.

Attachments

• 7F608C29-9AF6-484B-9782-0C139486CD9B-62720-00000F59004CBEB4.jpeg
    7F608C29-9AF6-484B-9782-0C139486CD9B-62720-00000F59004CBEB4.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 176
Very helpful.

Good, I wish we had more option of saving settings & felt when I do make changes I would need a way to refer back later to something I liked better. It is easier to pull the settings off the charts for me. Same goes with the Deus when u do updates u have to copy a long list of settings to do over.

Had an Indian head ring up at 25. being partially deaf and unable to hear low tones, I put my nickle range higher than the pennies. Thinks are working better now.

Had an Indian head ring up at 25. being partially deaf and unable to hear low tones, I put my nickle range higher than the pennies. Thinks are working better now.
That very well could be if it were one made from around 1860-1864 they were made from copper nickel and were lighter. Later ones Han more bronze . I think mine may have been brought down by a co mingled target that I missed. Once it was out of the ground it checked around 61-62. I created A short quick ramp up in my nickel range to get my attention on nickels. My ears are messed up as well. One hears high tones better, the other just the opposite. Can’t wear my hearing aids with the headphones they squeal. Thank you for the feedback. That is what is nice about tones you can adjust to match your situation. So if you made a chart it would look a lot different.

Decided I needed to create a chart to give me a perspective on where I could use some discrimination if needed. I don’t discriminate usually. I like five tones all regions but made a few changes from the stock settings. I used targets I have found at the settings you see. Yours might look different in your soil. Thanks for looking. Hope this helps, it helped me and records my settings. I started with blank charts and made charts of all the stock programs. This is the finest grid paper I could find. I think 5 squares per inch would be better but couldn’t find any.
Great info, particularly that high K gold, 22k, 24k, can have VIDs as high as 80s. Below is a graph of about 34 gold rings by weight (grams) with the Manticore VIDs. The sample doesn't have any 22k or 24k gold rings that I recall. The graph shows a high relationship between gold ring weight and VID on the Manticore. As weight increases so does the VID. Is it possible the VIDs of low 80s were with very heavy gold rings? Just curious. I do come across Indian high K gold but not, yet, with Manticore. Have to keep your results in mind. But the bottom line is that gold rings came hit basically ALL VIDs on the Manticore, and a lot of it has to do with weight. Those thin gold rings with large diamonds could come in with very low VIDs.
1708222640975.png

I believe you are correct in your assessment. Thanks for the chart. Hope to get out soon, still raining too much here. My new M8 coil is supposed to arrive today. I think both of the high gold rings are East Indian from the markings.

I just hit a 14k 3.17 gram wedding band this week at 11 inches an an id of 31 at the beach, fresh water. Much higher than I expected

That’s where a lot of gold rings hit on the Manticore. In the pull tab area. Also class rings and larger gold rings read much higher.