Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Nox 600 sniffs out its first silver......

padiggin

This past weekend I decided to go back to a colonial homestead site I've been hitting on and off over the past year. It's produced some nice finds over the year, large cents, bells, wheat pennies, dates on coins ranging from 1809 all the way up to 1950. But I never found any silver there over the past year. I just got my Nox 600 a few weeks ago and decided to try out the Nox at this location. This place is iron infested, with junk iron, nails, roofing tin, and all sorts of other metal junk in the ground and on the surface. The Nox found three more coins in an 100 ft x 100 ft area on the side of the house that I've pounded over the past year with other detectors. One of those coins was a nice 1856 SLD! I'm loving this Nox, it really does spank the silver!

Congrats, Very sweet!

Nice love those seated only found two myself

....I was using Park 2, Multi frequency, Ground balance 0, Threshold 0, Iron Bias 0, no tracking, sensitivity 22 (most items were not that deep, 4-5 inches, so 22 worked well at this site), Recovery Speed 2, and I was using 5 Tone. I rejected up to 7 on with Notch Discrimination because of all the nails and iron junk. I got a mixed signal on this coin, it wasn't a solid number one way or the other (I don't recall the TID number that came up, I searched strictly by tone). I just kept hearing a higher pitched tone mixed in, each time I passed the search coil over it. I used very tight, slight movements of the coil to listen carefully to each tone it made. And with all the iron and junk metal in the ground, keeping the movement of the coil tight and very minimal assisted me in listening to all the tones. As I mentioned, this coin came up with mixed tones, all in the higher range, which is what made me start digging. Once it was out of the ground, the Nox picked right up on it with that very high "flute" like sound and knew then I had something decent. I have to agree with a lot of folks that recommend just keeping the settings to the factory pre-set, the only thing I adjusted was the sensitivity and the notch discrimination up to 7, other than that I left Park 2 in the factory settings and it worked like a champ.

The Nox rocks! Congrats Bro

A great find and an interesting story. I'm lovin my 600 too (just "modern" silver coins so far), but it won't be long! Glad to hear of your luck and to know it was found in Reading, PA, my birthplace!

MickTwin

Port Chester, NY

I’m originally from NJ but met my wife from this area, she is Berks County born and bred. Been out this way for about 16 years. Do you still have family this way?

Nice! Hell of a great first silver for your EQX to point out for you!