Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Forum, lot's of questions

GateKeeper

We have created a new forum in the Resource & Classroom Forum called........ "Things I have Learned". There you can post questions you have or things you have learned to help everyone navigate our new home. From what I can see already, this new forum is amazing. Take a look around and enjoy.

One quick trick. To change your avatar, hover over the letter where you avatar would be. Click edit, then browse for photos from your pc. Simple as that.
You can also like what people have to say in their posts, basically like FB and or Twitter.

Have fun and enjoy everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes in the reply box click on the little smiley face and it loads several times choose from.

Can anyone tell me where i can get an Atlas of old homes and schools for a specific city?
Your local library or historical society

We have created a new forum in the Resource & Classroom Forum called........ "Things I have Learned". There you can post questions you have or things you have learned to help everyone navigate our new home. From what I can see already, this new forum is amazing. Take a look around and enjoy.

One quick trick. To change your avatar, hover over the letter where you avatar would be. Click edit, then browse for photos from your pc. Simple as that.
You can also like what people have to say in their posts, basically like FB and or Twitter.

I POSTED A TEKNETICS DELTA 4000 for sale several months ago,but it never sold can I re-post it ??Thanks cjm:usmc: 61--64

I POSTED A TEKNETICS DELTA 4000 for sale several months ago,but it never sold can I re-post it ??Thanks cjm:usmc: 61--64
Yes

Can anyone tell me where i can get an Atlas of old homes and schools for a specific city?
I think the closest thing to an Atlas you'd find would be reference copies of the City Directory (yearly publication, most libraries have them for their city and probably have archives.
Here's a couple other ideas that worked OK for me. Historical societies are probably your best resource, they'll have everything from old maps to "port view" or birds-eye drawings and best of all, they are usually staffed with really knowledgeable folks who love to discuss the older aspects of the city. There are often websites (just search the "old time ?????" where the question marks are the city name) either independent or often run by historical societies. Another of the best resources is just talking to older folks but as we are looking for stuff often well over a century old the living memory can be pretty sparse.
One resource that is really overlooked and can be fun is old phone books - no, not the phone #s - the "yellow pages" would give you the addresses of plenty of consumer businesses and in the first few pages of many (most?) of the old phone books had a simplified map of the city. Many libraries have (or had, i hadn't used this technique it about 10 years) archives of phone books either actual copies or microfilm.

Just a few thoughts, Best Wishes

Folks, what happened to our previous conversations with other members since this new forum was launched? I can't seem to find those PM messages. Can they be retrieved?
Thanks, Ken.
ken check this place out from the old days what a place to hunt :)
grocery store 1941.jpg

How do you send a private message to someone?Thank you.

I'm having a hard time up loading photos, send me your email and I will send some.

Thanks
Rob

I had to re register my account,so it looks like I'm a new member,but I'm not. I can't answer a private message?

I had to re register my account,so it looks like I'm a new member,but I'm not. I can't answer a private message?

Use contact us button and fill in your old account information including your old username and email. I should be able to see if old accouny still exist and restore for you.