Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nice very deep surprise find today

CT Todd

I got a call this morning from a friend who had a new spot and in two visits had pulled 12 coppers along with other things. So I jumped at the chance. By the time I got there he had already dug two more coppers and a nice Batwing. I got a few buttons one colonial and then hit a 2 Reale at big depth 12” plus. Running my program from the Equinox book. Get out there.

Attachments

• 25598543-274B-4B3A-ACF0-0D92C7D679C1.jpeg
    25598543-274B-4B3A-ACF0-0D92C7D679C1.jpeg
    970.6 KB · Views: 290
  • 43935D6E-869D-4FDB-90C3-B7BEC4D9E048.jpeg
    43935D6E-869D-4FDB-90C3-B7BEC4D9E048.jpeg
    556.8 KB · Views: 277
  • BF49BED8-043D-44B8-94C6-ED55960E5865.jpeg
    BF49BED8-043D-44B8-94C6-ED55960E5865.jpeg
    597.4 KB · Views: 262
  • 44B5B174-BA70-46F7-8C09-1070C5583FB2.jpeg
    44B5B174-BA70-46F7-8C09-1070C5583FB2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 253
You east coasters are the luckiest emmer effers to even have a CHANCE at stuff like that. What an absolute GEM!!
Now that is a HOLE! Last time I said that I got slapped, so don’t take that the wrong way...🤠

I got a call this morning from a friend who had a new spot and in two visits had pulled 12 coppers along with other things. So I jumped at the chance. By the time I got there he had already dug two more coppers and a nice Batwing. I got a few buttons one colonial and then hit a 2 Reale at big depth 12” plus. Running my program from the Equinox book. Get out there.
That's a beautiful real coin
You are 1795 Spanish Reale coin is gorgeous..! Living in Nevada the possibilities of me ever finding that coin are slim and none. That was a great find,.. Good Job..!!

That is in great shape,nice going.

😮😮😮 what a beautiful coin!!! A big congrats!!

Because of the depth the TID was all over the place. 14,16,18,26,22,8,18,24 this kind of thing. Sounded good then sounded iron. This is where the site specific digging comes in. If you’ve spent your day digging crap your less likely to go after signals like this But the site had produced over 12 coppers in the past days so you take that into account and go for the deep bent square nail. A lot of machines will default to telling you iron when it’s deep and barely there. Equinox does it and CTX. The point of me telling you all this is you need to always take into account where you are digging. There is a reason for all repeating signals you just need to figure out why It’s sounding off. Get out there.

Incredible and beautiful coin! You have a real talent for understanding the language of deep signals no matter which machine is doing the talking. Thanks for sharing this one!

Because of the depth the TID was all over the place. 14,16,18,26,22,8,18,24 this kind of thing. Sounded good then sounded iron. This is where the site specific digging comes in. If you’ve spent your day digging crap your less likely to go after signals like this But the site had produced over 12 coppers in the past days so you take that into account and go for the deep bent square nail. A lot of machines will default to telling you iron when it’s deep and barely there. Equinox does it and CTX. The point of me telling you all this is you need to always take into account where you are digging. There is a reason for all repeating signals you just need to figure out why It’s sounding off. Get out there.
I know exactly what you mean I dig a lot of those types of signals pays off to I wear out a lesche shovel in about 1 years time!
Mark

I am stunned, if I find a coin with "1800" any date I get weak in the knees, much less 1795. Congrats............:minelab:

Todd...Since the Equinox book came out there have been some updates for the machine. Did you do the updates and change your settings? Inquiring minds wan to know! :clapping:

Todd...Since the Equinox book came out there have been some updates for the machine. Did you do the updates and change your settings? Inquiring minds wan to know! :clapping:
On your question I pulled out my copy of the Equinox Book. I looked and my settings have changed a small amount. The most up to date version of how I run the Nox is on my website cttodd.com
I maintain the site as a resource for Detectorists please have a look and PM me if you have specific questions or just want to talk about anything detecting related. I don’t mind at all.
I see that my site needs a little tweak also as I’m down to just three tones with a tone break program. Iron grunt, low tone, high tone for all else. The point is to hear it. You cannot tell what a target is biased on tone so why have multiple tones.
Get out there

I do all the updates as soon as they come out. They made the machine and know vastly more about how it works than any of the internet experts. Not doing updates is just silly.

On your question I pulled out my copy of the Equinox Book. I looked and my settings have changed a small amount. The most up to date version of how I run the Nox is on my website cttodd.com
I maintain the site as a resource for Detectorists please have a look and PM me if you have specific questions or just want to talk about anything detecting related. I don’t mind at all.
I see that my site needs a little tweak also as I’m down to just three tones with a tone break program. Iron grunt, low tone, high tone for all else. The point is to hear it. You cannot tell what a target is biased on tone so why have multiple tones.
Get out there

I do all the updates as soon as they come out. They made the machine and know vastly more about how it works than any of the internet experts. Not doing updates is just silly.
I agree Todd and also have the latest updates. I took a look at your website and low and behold! My settings are very close to yours! I do ground balance my machine though. Good luck and HH! Ted