Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Peace I’m out!

Non of the detectors I've had have ever paid for themselves.
I don't sell my finds... So I guess I'll never know if the Deus II I just picked up will pay for itself and I don't care.
This is a Hobbie not a job...
What do you do with your clad change ?

What a shame with all this Hate.

Attachments

• love.jpg
    love.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 89
  • juding # 11.jpg
    juding # 11.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 88
  • peanuts.png
    peanuts.png
    295.8 KB · Views: 84
  • forgiving 7.jpg
    forgiving 7.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 80
  • judging # 9.jpg
    judging # 9.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 89
  • judge # 10.jpg
    judge # 10.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 87
  • pray.jpg
    pray.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 90
I think mr danbythecreek is / was looking at the Deus 2 with the wrong glasses on.

While some simply enjoy the hobby of metal detecting / coin shooting it is possible to find lost valuables that can pay for one’s equipment of choice and pad ones fun account as well.

Simply hunt places where valuable targets are most likely to be lost. Seriously.

Best of luck to all of you as your Deus 2’s arrive.

Rich

Non of the detectors I've had have ever paid for themselves.
I don't sell my finds... So I guess I'll never know if the Deus II I just picked up will pay for itself and I don't care.
This is a Hobbie not a job...
Just about all of the detectors I've owned have paid for themselves with the stuff I found civil war relic hunting. I've only sold what was needed to help pay for bills back in 2008 when the housing crash hit. Now that I'm retired and working part time, I don't need to sell anymore and still have stuff to spare and can afford the Deus 2 without selling relics. Not in it for the money but enjoy the hobby.

You people on here need to go back to basics. This is a hobby, not a race to the finish line.Theres a reason there's different price ranges on metal detectors, Lot of folks out there simply can't afford $1500 detectors, I have no doubt the Deus II is going to be a superb detector, But there still a lot of other lower priced models out there for the offering, I always said location.location,location.Yes with beach hunting you have invest in something more suitable for the conditions. I grew up with analog detectors, Some of my best finds were made with them and they still perform well even to this day, Your best discriminator is always going to be your ears, Also I knew I was never going to get rich with this hobby,Im a simple guy I just enjoy getting out and spending the time I have, As far as the ones on here that state they made money, God bless you guys, To me at that point it's not fun anymore, Good luck and be well,,

You people on here need to go back to basics. This is a hobby, not a race to the finish line.Theres a reason there's different price ranges on metal detectors, Lot of folks out there simply can't afford $1500 detectors, I have no doubt the Deus II is going to be a superb detector, But there still a lot of other lower priced models out there for the offering, I always said location.location,location.Yes with beach hunting you have invest in something more suitable for the conditions. I grew up with analog detectors, Some of my best finds were made with them and they still perform well even to this day, Your best discriminator is always going to be your ears, Also I knew I was never going to get rich with this hobby,Im a simple guy I just enjoy getting out and spending the time I have, As far as the ones on here that state they made money, God bless you guys, To me at that point it's not fun anymore, Good luck and be well,,
Not sure who “you people” are, or why after 45+ years of detecting I would feel a need to go “Back to basics”. Detecting has always been about having fun and adventure.

Improving one’s finds is generally something all detectorists desire to do. That can be done by research for better locations to hunt as you mention, improving skills / knowledge and techniques used hunting and improving equipment.

Many detectorist save special or unique finds for display. Many cash out clad and such at years end like John ‘Edmonton’ on the Garrett forum and put it towards silver or gold coins. Some apply finds of value to offset equipment costs. Before the Covid thing hit, a gal I know used a years worth of gold ring finds to pay for her and her daughters trip to Europe. All of it. We live in a desert out here in Utah. That’s pretty impressive.

I watch guys prospecting with detectors costing several thousand dollars. That’s way over my detector budget, but hey it works for them and they can make finds that cover the cost of their equipment ‘investment’ as well. To some, offsetting or covering those expenses is important. To others the costs isn’t a concern. For me, it would be nice, but I’d be detecting for the fun and adventure anyway. I have seen some would be detectorists with sky high expectations that go the bust route rather than the boom route. Not pretty. No guarantees.

The goal here isn’t to minimize anybody nor their selection of equipment. Quite the contrary, it is to compare notes on our Deus equipment, help each other maximize our knowledge and turn that into improving our efforts in the field.

You’re right in pointing out that any detector that can beep can provide ‘adventure’ to the detectorist using it. We’re hoping to improve our odds by using a Deus. If you’re here to join, or thinking about joining, great.

If you are here telling me my equipment selection has no bearing on my finds, you aren’t just wrong, you’re wrong headed. Location, skills / knowledge and equipment are our foundation for success.

I have finds and tales back to my old Whites Coinmaster TR in the 70’s, but I have new adventures out in front of me. Not just the tales from the past.

Equipment is improving. Good equipment used well can help improve finds and enjoyment when I’m out in the field.

If you’re satisfied swinging whatever detector you have and that makes a wonderful day for you, great. But you telling me what this hobby should mean to me isn’t your place.

Rich

After seeing how well D2 performs I don’t think it’s overpriced at all, considering how prices for everything has shot up. I’m surprised it’s not at least $1899

First machine was a Bounty Hunter QD II. The park across the street from our home yielded well over $400 which paid for most of a used Whites XLT from Kellyco, which found enough to pay for half of my Fisher 1280X from a local dealer which found enough gold, silver and platinum at the beach and in the water to pay for my Minelab 4800 which I have used to hunt the DIV hunts in Virginia. Unfortunately, about 5 months after that purchase, the price of the 4800 dropped to around $2400. I haven't sold any of my CW relics and don't plan to. The 4800 is still in service and is on loan to one of my Maryland friends who uses it in Virginia. The BH, XLT and 1280x are gone now but I also have an F75 and an Infinium that still get some pretty hard use. Now I just enjoy the hunt and appreciate the finds I make. Dang this hobby has been great fun.

Last edited:
Got my first detector in 1968, so 54 years in this hobby and I still love trying new units. Found great stuff way back with a Garrett BFO unit and have had almost every detector from the major manufacturers past and present. I had fun with all of them, and I take any disparagement of a unit with a grain of salt. I do my own deciding. LOL

price on d2 in europe seems very fluid and discounted to around just over 1100 euros on ebay
dont know what the mark up is
but it must be large to discount it when theres demand

Absolutely correct but you grew up when analog was all they had and there was way more silver coins and older coins were not that deep.
Minelab makes the vanquish which uses Multi frequency and work great so there are good cheaper detectors that share the same technology as more expensive so people just need to research what they buy …
Mark

People spend their money on all kinds of things. I put three kids through college and my little house is paid off, since I'm pretty frugal, including not having had a car payment in 40 years. I don't have a boat, motorcycle, guns, or other expensive hobbies. So if I want to pony up the cashola for a Deus 2, I believe I will. It has nothing to do with whether it will pay me back or not, although it'd be nice if it would. ;)