Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shaft wobble 800

My arm cuff and upper shaft (just below the arm hold) wobbled a bit so I put a bit of black electrical tape at the shoulder of the upper shaft and also the top and bottom where the arm cuff meets the top of the upper shaft. Problem solved.

Well this fixed it one wrap on the inside middle shaft and no more wobble I also put some on the cuff it fixed it too.

That`s the trouble with mass produced items from the far east.

Folks working for a pittance.

In the Western World we have a end of the production line check, known as Quality Control.

Adhesive tape and Plugger`s should not be required even on a middle range detector. :shocked:

I sent it to minelab the day after I got it and it came back the same way and they don't believe me now!

They are sending me a upper shaft so that should fix my wobble situation

I am becoming convinced that Minelab outsources their mechanical design to the Far East. Too many instances of poor ergonomics and just ba design decisions.

I was beginning to like my except the tape.lol yeah I refused to send it back,made that clear first email but I'm glad their making it right.tracy is a nice woman

Joedaddy276 said:
I was beginning to like my except the tape.lol yeah I refused to send it back,made that clear first email but I'm glad their making it right.tracy is a nice woman

Glad they are taking care of you. My new 800 has slop in the bottom shaft. The headphones also had broken plastic on them out of the box. I contacted them and they wanted the whole
machine sent back. I replied and said I could live with the bottom shaft issue but to send the entire unit back for headphones was crazy. So now I am sending the headphones back. We will see how that goes. Let us know how you new shaft works out. That's what they should have offered for my issue. I did see earlier where folks had sent the machines back for loose shafts and some came back fixed and some not.

Muckchucker said:
My arm cuff and upper shaft (just below the arm hold) wobbled a bit so I put a bit of black electrical tape at the shoulder of the upper shaft and also the top and bottom where the arm cuff meets the top of the upper shaft. Problem solved.
That's where my slight wobble was coming from too. I took the armrest off and put a full wrap of electrical tape on the rod where the plastic casting makes contact. That fixed it...solid as a rock now.

Nctoad...I to put one wrap of tape on my cuff to fix it.it was very slight movement anyway nothing major.yeah the had me send everything back also the first time and I found it odd they wanted phobes,wires and all so I asked why and tracy told me in case the just swapped my machine which I marked to box and machine and they did not send a new one! Lol I'll know tomorrow if the shaft fixes it and yall will to

Received my 800 today and just finished putting it together. Woo Hoo, everything is tight as can be, no wobble.

NCtoad said:
'My arm cuff and upper shaft (just below the arm hold) wobbled a bit so I put a bit of black electrical tape at the shoulder of the upper shaft and also the top and bottom where the arm cuff meets the top of the upper shaft. Problem solved.'

'That's where my slight wobble was coming from too. I took the armrest off and put a full wrap of electrical tape on the rod where the plastic casting makes contact. That fixed it...solid as a rock now.'

The wobble I had was minute. Initially I took the armcuff off, held the vey top of the detector against the back of my forearm with my other hand and wiggled it. I could feel a slight wobble coming from the upper shaftlock, that's where I put one turn of electrical tape next to the shoulder. Repeating the wiggling showed that the wobble was gone. I then put the armcufff back on and wiggled it. Again there was a tiny wobble, almost undetectable, putting one turn of tape top and bottom where the armcuff meets the shaft stopped the wobble and it's totally solid now.
The wobble I had was a minor issue when you compare it to the performance of this great machine!

Muckchucker said:
'My arm cuff and upper shaft (just below the arm hold) wobbled a bit so I put a bit of black electrical tape at the shoulder of the upper shaft and also the top and bottom where the arm cuff meets the top of the upper shaft. Problem solved.'

'That's where my slight wobble was coming from too. I took the armrest off and put a full wrap of electrical tape on the rod where the plastic casting makes contact. That fixed it...solid as a rock now.'

The wobble I had was minute. Initially I took the armcuff off, held the vey top of the detector against the back of my forearm with my other hand and wiggled it. I could feel a slight wobble coming from the upper shaftlock, that's where I put one turn of electrical tape next to the shoulder. Repeating the wiggling showed that the wobble was gone. I then put the armcufff back on and wiggled it. Again there was a tiny wobble, almost undetectable, putting one turn of tape top and bottom where the armcuff meets the shaft stopped the wobble and it's totally solid now.
The wobble I had was a minor issue when you compare it to the performance of this great machine!
Mine initially had the slight rotation, but it wasn't sloppy loose, but it did rotate about 1/8 or 1/10 of a turn or so. Upon further investigation it was the lower camlock so I stuck a small piece of electrical tape to the camlock pad to shim it up tighter. That worked for the rotation and then I still felt a slight wobble or clunking and that turned out to be the armrest. Now it's rock solid. I have a fisher F70 and three tesoros and they all have the outer holes slightly oversized just like they are on the equinox however their camlocks lock up tight enough that it prevents any rotation. I could force it on the fisher with the big hunter coil, but it was pretty tight.

I wonder if they have two different suppliers for the shafts as my son's is rock solid, seems if they were all coming from same factory they would all be the same. Or maybe some earlier versions are slightly different as they made a change in the manufacturing process? Only Minelab knows.....

I never looked much on mine, but did this morning and seen there is play on both locking collars where you can twist the shafts a bit and when swinging it fast I notice the wobble quite a bit. There being someone mention the arm cuff I notice it too can be easily twisted too , so mine would have 3 different place where it wobbles. Just have got out to use it as it seem like it should be spring, but seem to snow every other day up here in ND in the last 2 weeks as we got more in 2 weeks then the winter.
Not sure what i will do about the wobble and may just get a Anderson shaft when available.

Rick