Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shaft wobble 800

Joedaddy276 said:
Btw what kinda shipping is the free ups they give? Overnight? 2 day? I saw on here a guy got his back one day after they received it which is great but how long did it take to get to them?

I believe mine was UPS next day shipping. I dropped it off (UPS store) on a Saturday afternoon, Minelab received it on Monday, and I had it back Tuesday

Ive already orders the parts ill need for a straight shaft. Ill keep the 3 piece for travel. We put a lot of torque on the cuff and shafts... not to mention the sand getting every where and what the salt water blisters the inside of aluminum. Im also not a fan of those locks. I also drill a small hole near the bottom of the lower shaft to let sand and water out. Anyone who has used an Anderson 2 piece CTX shaft knows he says its not intended for everyday use........ theres a reason.

Dew

Production has started on Nox shafts. First models will be 36" wading shafts with travel shafts coming later..

Obviously, there are some bugs in the Equinox 800?

It is my intention to wait to determine if the later ones that are shipping may fix any possible 'bugs'; together, with the fact that one must wait presently!

Does anyone have any comment to this speculation?

Hello. I've got the same problem with very wobbly Equinox 800 shaft. Are you guys sending back your units? And one mode thing. Does your Equinox arm cuff got very sharp edges? I cut my thumb while holding it by shaft near it!

#1Leatherneck said:

It is my intention to wait to determine if the later ones that are shipping may fix any possible 'bugs'; together, with the fact that one must wait presently!

I think that you are totally right! I am waiting as well!

dewcon4414 said:
Ive already orders the parts ill need for a straight shaft. Ill keep the 3 piece for travel. We put a lot of torque on the cuff and shafts... not to mention the sand getting every where and what the salt water blisters the inside of aluminum. Im also not a fan of those locks. I also drill a small hole near the bottom of the lower shaft to let sand and water out. Anyone who has used an Anderson 2 piece CTX shaft knows he says its not intended for everyday use........ theres a reason.

Dew

Dew, can you elaborate on why The Anderson CTX 2 piece shaft is not intended for everyday use? I am considering purchasing one.
Thanks!

I was telling my buddy the cuff is sharp...he didn't feel it with a long sleeve shirt..mine was almost cutting arm..no short sleeve shirt...and yes sent mine back for wobble..If ..I where you ,I would too...Take it easy!!!

Garais said:
Hello. I've got the same problem with very wobbly Equinox 800 shaft. Are you guys sending back your units? And one mode thing. Does your Equinox arm cuff got very sharp edges? I cut my thumb while holding it by shaft near it!

Think they will get stuck together?
chuckciao said:

Dew

Dew, can you elaborate on why The Anderson CTX 2 piece shaft is not intended for everyday use? I am considering purchasing one.
Thanks!

Mine was just the cam lock I'm 6'0 and the lower was snapped in the third hole up.i hunted with it for 3 1/2 hours and no other problems at all and ther wobble was very minor.just one of those things that would drive me crazy if I excepted it so I just dropped it off at ups hoping to get it back tuesday.they provided 2 day air shipping to get it to Illinois

Mascard.... it was jyst a disclamer. I ordered mine for the extra length. I didnt feel the standard shaft had the length inside the upper to not move putting more wear on the lock/shaft. They connect with aluminum threads which are glued in. I had a little trouble keeping it tight.... I believe it ha to do with my rubbing my coil constantly on the hard pan. That loosen the shafts... and of course give you wabble and wear.

chuckciao said:

I think that you are totally right! I am waiting as well!

If the cam locks end up being the only "bug" then I'll take it. Time will tell

My 800 has/had it too. Since I cranked down harder than I normally would on the upper lock it went away and hasn't came back. Before I did that it was fairly tight, but after a while it the wobble would come back.

Garais said:
That locking ring locks in place. You can't crank more than it has intended. :shrug:

Several times I turned it firmly to stop the wobble.. The last time I really turned it. Since then it hasn't wobbled again. That last time I thinking it might snap in my hand while turning it that hard.

I put a peace of duct tape over the end of shaft and put it together with force. Now machine feels way better!

The more moving parts you have the more you may feel a wobble. How do you think this may feel in swift water? Even a tight 3 piece shaft if the IO has any play you will feel it. Just not a lot of shaft inside the others.

A Plugger should solve the problem.

I have purchased them in the past from the USA supplier.

Infact, I have one on its way as I tap this out.:ukflag: Jerry.

Ive got the wobble on my 600 as well. I dont want to send it in to minelab so I am hoping I can just learn to live with it. If it bothers me too much I will send it in later , but I just got it and dont want to be without it for a week.