Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

There's Lots Of Brilliant :nerd: Talent On This Garrett Metal Detecting Forum. ."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????" :ninja:

I want to thank all you service and law enforcement men and women for your hard work ,help,bravery and self-sacrifice to keep us all safe.
Toni Griffin

Well, what I do for a living is I am a Used Car Sales Manager at a large auto group, specifically at a Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram and now Fiat dealership. Been in Retail Automotive Sales now for 20+ years. What I would love to do as would many of you is Metal Detect for a living somehow, so I am working on that LOL.

Machinist, until the auto industry declined, US Army, drove semi's around the country for five years, carpenter for four years, property maintenance for six years, welder fitter for five years, and now I am self employed doing home maintenance and remodeling. So I can set my schedule and take time to pursue my interest's, "You only kick this rock once, give it HELL!" My mantra. Won't bother you with the equipment list, if it goes beep, I probably have had one, now I am getting into the older detectors.
They built some fine machines and that goes for some companies that are no longer in existence.

I am an Arborist, currently with Davey Edmonton RC. Before that I cooked at various restaurants, worked for a general contractor, and was a Carney.

Retired U.S. Navy 20yrs as an avionics tech. Now work for AT&T for the last 15 years. Have been metal detecting for almost 3 years, Mostly beach. I have a AT Pro and a Sea Hunter Mk ll.

After graduating high school I entered carpentry school that trained me for finish and trim work. From that experience I began working as a professional scale model maker that required a security clearance from the U.S. Government because of the sensitive military topics that we worked on. After earning my bachelors degree in Industrial Design, I spent the next 19 years consulting and teaching at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh in the Industrial Design department ,developing curriculum for traditional 3D model making classes as well as computer aided 2D drafting and 3D modeling. These classes utilized traditional shop machinery as well as cad/ cam equipment such as stereo lithography, CNC and 3D scanning equipment.
Then a career change was on order. I decided to pursue a life long dream of becoming a professional pilot. It was not as difficult as it might seem as I was already an accomplished pilot and flight instructor at the time. So for the last 10 years I have been flying professionally as a charter pilot all over North America and the islands. I fly a Citation XLS business jet that frequently takes customers to destinations up and down the east and west coasts and Rocky Mountains that are my favorite. There is plenty of room in the plane to take along my new AT Pro for some beach hunting or an alpine treasure hunt.

Army medic, DOD security contractor, merchant mariner engineer, commercial/industrial electrician, bartender.

I'm a retired prof. fire fighter / EMT-B, with 33-1/2 years of service .Federal f/f (Navy):usan: DOD and retired with Elizabeth City Vol.fire Dept. :clapping: went back to work for the city as a wasteplant night shift operator and retired again with 8 more yrs of service to the city : throw :now i draw my s.s. , and now is my time to relax . started out with a bounty hunter ,in the 70's, changed over to nautilus deep seeker and silver king , white spectrum and just purchase a ace 300 now

Owned and operated an independent property and casualty insurance agency for 38 years. My wife and I worked together for 28 of those years.

Retired 5 years ago. My son purchased the business and doing well.

Was able to retire 'healthy' from main stream work at 50 and living the 'Dream as they say' ;)

Worked in radio on air for 42 years. Now, I drive a school bus and love it. I have a AT Max coming as soon as they're released and can't wait.

I served 38 years in the Navy, came in as a E-1 and retired as an 0-6 just last year, served on Submarines, Submarine Tenders and a Aircraft Carrier as well as overseas. I now work for General Dynamics Mission Systems as an Engineering Fellow. I have a Garrett Treasure Ace 300 that I am passing down to my granddaughter because I just go the AT Pro.

Freight train conductor, locomotive engineer when needed.
I gave up metal detecting a few years ago and sold my trex scoop, at gold, and garrett pin pointer. Now I would like to get back into it, I am patiently researching which detector to invest in. Hoping garrett releases a new pi detector :shrug:. Otherwise this spring I will probably get an atx....was dreaming of a gpz...lol. I am in an area that is mineralized, with the odd small nugget, lots of river bedrock and gravels to detect not to mention tons of silt. I am up in B.C. Canada.

Been in the glazing trade for almost 30 years. Fabrication of commercial aluminum storefronts and glass installation as well as mirrors, high end shower enclosures . Basically all types of glass work. Married 26 years (Feb. 15) have 4 sons, one is currently serving in the US Navy on board the USS Mesa Verde. Life is good !!