Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Bucket listers in the same hole

oldmoney

About 6 weeks ago I was out at a fairgrounds that is 175 years old. A place I have hunted many times. When a man walks up to me and asks if I hunt there often. I told him i did. He'd then told me his wife had lost her wedding ring by one of the soccer fields last year. He hoped that I would look for it and showed me a picture of the very large gold ring that was studded with lots of diamonds. I told him I would look if they, his wife had come over by that point, could show me where it was thought to be lost. So I was off on a gold ring hunt. I opened up the discrimination so I could find gold.I searched and found lots of junk but no ring after an hour and a half I gave up for the day. After that day it rained and snowed and got so cold the ground started to freeze again. After the snow melts and the weather got better I decided to hit that spot again to look for the ring. I widened the search area thinking that she lost it while cheering on her grand child. I was only digging shallow targets thinking it should be near the surface, unless I got a good coin hit. I was near some large trees about 20 feet from where she lost her ring and I got a very strange signal, numbers were all over the place but the sound was a high pitched so I decided to dig. The depth gauge showed that it should be about 3-4 inches deep. when I popped out the plug I didn't see anything in the hole and the pin pointer said nothing was in the plug. But it did say it was close in the hole. I scooped out more dirt with my hand and saw a large silvery edge of a coin then saw the small edge of another coin about a half inch to the left. I almost fell over when I realized it was gold. I reached in and puled out the small gold coin first and couldn't believe what I was looking at. An 1881 half eagle $5 gold piece. Then I pulled the other coin out and it was a 1902 Morgan. As it turns out I would have never found either of them with the settings I had my machine at. I knew I was discriminating out gold but this area is full of pull tabs and bottle caps. I was hunting for silver and clad after all. Even the Morgan would not have given me a signal if it hadn't been for that man and his wife I never would have found these.

What a great day and a fun sport.

Congrats OldMoney! Now that's what I call a twofer. lol Awesome finds indeed! Weird how some things work out.

Greg

:drool: WOW! Sometimes walking off the "beaten path" does take us to new treasures. This situation is proof. Congratulations on two beautiful bucket list finds. :thumbup:

Wow is all I can say. I got my first Morgan 2 years ago so I know some of what you experienced when you saw that huge coin in the hole
but to get an old gold coin in the same hole is just over the top.
Great story!

Wow! That is amazing! As I was reading your post, I was thinking of some of the holes I have dug in the past. I too get larger targets that show 3 or 4 inches, and then have to recheck my location with the eTrac because there is nothing in the hole at that depth. I usually dig to about 12-15 inches and pull out some kind of large lead piece or an old crushed Pabst Blue Ribbon can. Maybe someday I'll pull out a keeper!

Silver Bullet

Congrats on a couple of big time finds! It's awesome that the good karma of helping someone out led you to that spot and an adjustment of your settings. Some of my favorite finds have come from those "oddball" signals. Open mind, open screen!

Phenomenal ! Congrats.

Rich -

Nice I just found my first morgan 1883 with a walker 1946 right next to it!

Incredible stuff OldMoney! That’s the best spill I’ve seen yet,not to take away from great finds made everywhere. But that one takes the cake! I’d love to find a gold coin,I’m working hard at it! If only I’m as fortunate as you at some point,congrats sir!

Wow what an amazing hunt

That's insane - a hunt you'll remember forever - congrats ! :beers: