Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Uploading video's to Youtube without Ad's (Youtube videos with ads in them are banned here...)

GateKeeper

Hello all. This is a short video showing how to disable Ad's on youtube. We all know how much time it takes
to make a video, edit it, and then upload it, then only see it taken down. That sucks. Here's how to do it.

Let's make 2013 a great year.

GateKeeper

[video]http://youtu.be/rk6gvklMk8o[/video]

-- moved topic --

Thanks, hoping to post some videos soon, this will come in handy

Thanks Gatekeeper. Good tips, especially the part about if you allow youtube to edit your video they'll add advertising.

How do I post a link to a YouTube video without having FindMall delete it? I had this happen once already. I found a YouTube video for Gold Prospecting that I think my buddies should see on the Prospecting Forum.
Thanks.

-Tom V.

@tvanwho, If it has an ad in it, and it's not a paid sponser, it will be deleted unfortunately.

I dont know why you would'nt. Watch video again if that helps. After you login to your account, click on your account. Go
to settings, and then go to bottom of settings page. It will be right there.

Jeff in Pa said:
I don't have that option on my "Settings" page. I am trying to figure it out. If I do I will post again.

I don't have that setting on mine either but it seems like I may have done this procedure before. I looked around in my settings and the only things related to allowing youtube to attach ads were in the 'settings overview' page then 'channel settings' 'Features' tab. Were it says "monetization" it gives the option to allow ads that you could possibly get paid for. I think you have to have a viral video or tons of views to actually get money for the ads.
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9554/youtubeads.jpg

Upon further searching I found a reference to youtube ads on the video editor page. This reference suggests that "if you use the youtube editor" there may be ads on your video. It mentions "content available through the editor"....I think that could cover any editing whatsoever since it is ALL youtube editing content. Examples would include captions, bubble texts, a clickable link to your other video, ect. This is similar and in agreement with GateKeepers recomendation against allowing youtube to "EDIT" your video to remove shakiness, ect. So ANY editing done within youtube will allow ADS.
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9554/youtubeads.jpg

Thank you Aaron.

Also; 1) if you accept the monetization deal, ads will be placed.
2) if you add a music track to your video, adds will be placed.

Don't know why anyone would accept that deal, even if you did happen to make 5 cents/month, I don't want that same bloddy CRAP on my videos.

Want to Opt out of Google Interest Based Ads? Here's info on how to do it...

https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/?sig=ACi0TCgnVAEzSIZOVPodd-hkJoISrFPw0HBWtK3iQafUfYWptl_anJ9N9cFiZELrEyFzIofzHgqF55_EBGxY1663PdhorK4NRNEJhXPgjoRGSejKcTmLV8d-CwmaoPxuotc506ecTE2kZD-40DYgRvriPzT84oRqllcP5CDvX72GfmR760K1DQQ&hl=en

That is good to know but from what I read, I will still get the embedded ads, they just just will not be interest based.......... is that correct?

You appear to be right - I still get ads - so looks like a no win situation with Google...well..they win. :starwars:

Well I guess if your so adiment about your feelings, I guess you should probably not be here then. If you dont like the rules, go somewhere else.

My account page shows different to then your video,here's a screen capture. sorry didn't see any upload. ok what browser are you using i'm using chrome, does that make a difference

Gatekepper, You sure Y-tube didn't update there stuff cause it seems alot of people don't have that page.

Yes it seems that they have