Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i

Just to add another vote of confidence for Whites, I am very happy to see them offering the upgrade to current owners. I bought mine a year ago, so I'll be paying for my upgrade. I am very happy to be able to do so without having to get a whole new machine. Thank you, Whites. :detecting:

I was lucky enough to get mine early and get a great deal. Oh, yeah, and I have the Vision Print on mine. So now I have will have a Vision V3i<---- looks to Ebay to post as "one of a kind""rare" and Buy it Now to be set at $4995.00:lmfao:

I have an early run Vision and no version updates on it - It's not really that old of a detector - this is really making me feel like crap

n/t

Well Tab, there's a cheap fix for that! (The new additions are nice but I'm just going to wait a bit as my Vision is just fine.) Plus...to do those kinds of upgrades? Bet it's not a quick thing per unit.

I still have Software 1.0 also. I do not feel that I am hendered by it. The bugs have not been troublesome enough to send it in ,, yet. I have an SE now, so I can do without it a few days. I will be upgrading, and have mixed feelings towards White's for this. I don't want to pay for upgrades, but I will. The problem I have is the $100 cost. C'mon, 1 guy and 20 minutes and it will be done!! Maybe less? $50 would be fair, but $100?? Seriously?:rolleyes: if you have a Vision Model, you have missed out on all the "promotions" of free stuff, rebates, etc... SO, Guy A paid $1500 and got no extras, and must pay$100 for the update. Guy B, paid $1350 and got a pinpointer, extra coil, and bag, and gets a free update?:nono: As an impatient person, I often pay to "get it first" but thought I was safe because the DFX had been around so long with no updates?

Should have one in a couple of weeks.
HH
Mike

bud212002 said:
......... I don't want to pay for upgrades, but I will. The problem I have is the $100 cost. C'mon, 1 guy and 20 minutes and it will be done!! Maybe less? $50 would be fair, but $100?? Seriously?:rolleyes:.........quote]

Well,

With all respect but to base the Work only on the

when i purchased a whites v3 detector,i bought it for a few reasons, one is that the company makes quality detectors and stands behind its products and the other is people love and respect the detectors that they produce . i am amazed by the whineing and complaining about this upgrade, you are adults but you are acting like a bunch of babies

I am curious - When will the local or not so local dealers start getting the new model?

I was trying to buy a V3 a couple of weeks ago and now I am glad it did not pan out. Calling the nearest dealer I asked if he had a V3 in stock, his answer was "That's the new one from White's, right?, I'm more into this as a hobby but I can look into getting you one" ....ummm yeah, ok gotta go, talk to you later. I was not impressed when the locaI dealer I found through White's website did not seem to have a clue about their newest model. I was hoping to find a local dealer that would allow me to trade in my DFX to bring down some of the cost. Once I know that the new V3i units are out there I will try again, but with other dealers.

OregonMike said:
I am happy to learn of the i upgrade and will be getting it as soon as I can....which is TODAY!!! This is one of the perks of living close to Sweet Home.

The folks at White's are the most gracious you will ever meet. No business I've ever dealt with in any capacity, for any product or service, has ever treated me any better than the people at White's have. For you American patriots, this is an American company with American workers and they are doing business the good old fashioned American way--outstanding products, backed by outstanding service. I will not begrudge them a profit if it keeps people in their jobs and keeps the company from outsourcing to places with cheaper labor.

By the way, on an unrelated topic, thanks to all you message boarders who have offered me ideas and assistance with my V-3. Last week, I was fortunate enough to find a 1941-S Merc dime, and then a big one, a 1918-S Walking Liberty half! The half was easy--it was a "sitting duck" (on private property, with permission) about 3 to 4 inches down. The Merc was tougher--in a public easement and quite a bit deeper. Both were fun to find--one because it took a bit of skill, the other because it was big and a lot older than any Walker I had ever found before.

I guess my hopes for the i upgrade are that once I learn what the detector is telling me with these enhancements, I won't waste as much time digging nails as I have lately. I've pretty much figured out the bottle caps, but every now and then the nails still fool me. I'm thinking the polar feature will help with that.

I'll keep you posted when I learn something new.

Mike

Let us know how the polar plot does on the deeper nails? It's usually not a problem but when I'm scrubbing for Indians and the signals spike similarly. Very nice on pulling the Walker! I sort through tons of Walkers (at work) and ones in the teens just don't even show up much any more. What kind of condition?:thumbup: (Coincidentally, my last silver pull was a '41-S Merc.)

diggalot said:
bud212002 said:
......... I don't want to pay for upgrades, but I will. The problem I have is the $100 cost. C'mon, 1 guy and 20 minutes and it will be done!! Maybe less? $50 would be fair, but $100?? Seriously?:rolleyes:.........quote]

Well,

With all respect but to base the Work only on the

Well I think we have run this topic into the ground. I thought the upgrade was a good deal but I'm wrong many times. It seemed like those who didn't need or want it did not have to get it. Those of us who wanted it paid a $100 bucks. Everyone should have been happy. Now what I posted earlier will probably be the case.

Well, based on all the complaints about the upgrade, I think in the future White's will follow their competitors and require folks to just buy a whole new detector. People seem to complain less about that.

- Carl

I guess this will make everyone happy, now we can be like all the rest of the detector owners.
Also remember this is just my opinion. I don't speak for Whites and don't represent them. I was just lucky to help test the V3i and offered my advice on the improvements.
We need to lighten up a little.
Rob

I dont think so.

They are allready out of that league and they wont turn back because of a few posts on the forums.

After all those who understand the benefit do speak out too.

This will make many detectorists whites customers for life.

Some need to let it sink in a few months maybe.

rcasio44 said:
Well, based on all the complaints about the upgrade, I think in the future White's will follow their competitors and require folks to just buy a whole new detector. People seem to complain less about that.

- Carl

I guess this will make everyone happy, now we can be like all the rest of the detector owners.
Also remember this is just my opinion. I don't speak for Whites and don't represent them. I was just lucky to help test the V3i and offered my advice on the improvements.
Rob

Will White's join the patheon of flip floppers? Only time will tell.

Just fix what's wrong. You need new engineers hire new engineers.

I want more upgrades not more expensive machines when it comes time.I would pay for upgrades in a heart beat.

Upgrades/updates are the best thing going for MD's not the other way.

No doubt upgrades are the future and currently White's is the front leader in breaking that new ground. Minelab had a good idea, but didn't follow through with it....yet.

I just don't know if the Spectra is the flagship to do it with. It has been subject of great controversy from the beginning and is currently the subject of a on going debate whether White's knowingly sold defective machines to it's customers.

All I know is that a $100.00 charge to fix your metal detector is a service charge. That's all I'm saying here.

I wouldn't have had a problem with paying for an upgrade once the machine was a year or two old ..... it is just the fact that it has come around so soon - in my case after just 9 months .... I will be getting it though, I'm sure!:rolleyes:

No worries.........Carl is just being sarcastic...............:cheers: