Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is a solid, repeatable 12-2 likely to be?

AVXVA

I was out the other day and came up with two 12-2 coin sized targets about 20-feet apart. It was late so I marked both spots and came home. But now I'm curious. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Bronc

can slaw or foil is what ive gotten while detecting, although a thin gold ring will air test at or near that number. if they were good hits and the numbers didnt bounce around, there is the chance for gold.

condiment foil or yogurt foil seal and then again maybe a small thin 14k ring --dig it especially if it's shallow---and haul it out regardless ;)

Could be $1.00 gold coin. Probably foil but a good solid hit and I myself would have dug it. In a park around a picnic table is one thing. A CW campsite or beach is another. HH :minelab:

hershey1 said:
Could be $1.00 gold coin. Probably foil but a good solid hit and I myself would have dug it. In a park around a picnic table is one thing. A CW campsite or beach is another. HH :minelab:
a 1 dollar gold coin is a solid 12-06 all day, I bought one to test on the etrac lol

12-2, if the depth is less than 3" - foil wrappers or small pieces of aluminum. If it shows as deeper - thin rings become a possibility.

Yep ... sounds like small pieces of can slaw - when you hit one you usually hit five to ten more in a fairly small area - very common in sports fields.

Foil seal from out of old beer caps1 I found 7 the other day and dug a 1923 Buffalo nickel and a 1916 Canadian large cent in the hole mixed in, all were 10 to 12 inches deep........nge

One of my favorite finds was 12-02,and another one also.
both 14-k

It can be a chain, but all I have ever found at 12-2 is a wad of tin foil or a piece of can slaw. I dig them every now and then just to verify what I am thinking when I see them.

Usually canslaw for me............but!!!..........was on a sand vollyball court & dug a 12-2 & it was a child's 14K ring!

Iowa Dale