Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where Are The New Fisher Models ?

I guess it depends on management and how they can make money nothing else seems to make a difference. What ever happened to the French guy with his pi that could discriminate.

They are probably getting out of that business. All comes and all goes . If they did come out with some new I would buy . I hate the flutey tones I have to deal now.

Personally, I think we will all be in foir a surprise come early 2023. I have enjoyed some favored Fisher Detectors through the years and keep one in my current detector team. I do have an SMF but most of my units are Single Frequency, operating from 10 kHz to 19 kHz. They do the job and satisfy me with performance, however, in this modern era of SMF's I think we are going to see a new and well designed and tested unit from Fisher before long. I am first in line!

Monte

I hope your right monte. I'm second in line hhrickinmi

There is nothing on the immediate horizon from FTP. There is an SMF project in the works but I'd be very surprised if you could buy it for Christmas next year. Impulse Gold is probably the next release, likely mid 2023 and likely that's all for 2023.

They were the top dogs for a long time. Then they just kept rehashing old units. Other companies have passed them by. They're done.

There is nothing on the immediate horizon from FTP. There is an SMF project in the works but I'd be very surprised if you could buy it for Christmas next year. Impulse Gold is probably the next release, likely mid 2023 and likely that's all for 2023.
That's heartbreaking, Carl. I was hoping for the SMF project by early-to-mid 2023. Rats!:(

Monte

I wouldn’t be surprised if FT phases out Hobby Detectors completely. They have other money making ventures that are probably more profitable. Some of their key employees have left and there’s not really a hobby detectors spokesman to say yeah or neh . I wish FT would comment on what their status is on Hobby Detectors …….. 😐

I wouldn’t be surprised if FT phases out Hobby Detectors completely. They have other money making ventures that are probably more profitable. Some of their key employees have left and there’s not really a hobby detectors spokesman to say yeah or neh . I wish FT would comment on what their status is on Hobby Detectors …….. 😐
I also wish they had a dedicated spokesperson who could keep the consumers informed of what they are doing and what might be projected. I did speak with someone at FTP who did inform me of a unit they "have been working on" for some time, and he shared a model name, as currently used there, but nothing more specific than that such as frequencies, physical packaging, etc. It wasn't Carl who would be the one individual with FTP who I would put full trust in, but it was someone who should have been "in-the-know".

Kind of sad to consider FTP finally coming to an end and leaving only Garrett as the primary USA manufacturer of quality-build metal detectors.

Monte

Russ lately keeps pushing the sales of the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV on YT. They must have a overstock of them. He goes to events such as Digstock with a bevy of FT machines. A couple of guys who he helps sponser still claim that new stuff is on the horizon. Could be just blowing smoke until they are sold out of stock.

The day we phase out hobby detectors is probably the day we lock the doors for good. Metal detectors pay the bills here, and FTP currently owns the low-end market. That's just not what most of the folks on these forums are looking for.

The day we phase out hobby detectors is probably the day we lock the doors for good. Metal detectors pay the bills here, and FTP currently owns the low-end market. That's just not what most of the folks on these forums are looking for.
I understand, the purpose is to make money. I made outstanding finds with my Fisher CZs. Just wish they would bring something to challenge the high end XPs, Nokta, MLs …… to spend my money $$$ on US made detectors .🇺🇸😃🇺🇸

I just sold my Anniversary edition (first year) f-75 for $300, with the 9X11" coil.
I have dug more old 1700's and 1800's coins with that unit than all the detectors I've owned.
I kept the F-75 LTD, UN-labotamized, UN-neutered unit. . . . had to keep one. . . great detector.

While I do love my F75, T2 and G2, why isn't First Texas producing anything new ?
I sent an email to Fisher and asked them if they were going to stop making metal detectors because they are so involved with other things. They have never responded. I also contacted Viking with a similar question. They never responded either.