Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who is a dedicated etrac user

Even a mistake in one setting could change the outcome from a good day to a bad day.
You make an excellent point!!

Damned right SD. Imagine trying to play Battleship but with a single number.
Very good analogy. That what I was doing for 3 years with my 800. I had no idea how good the Etrac and CTX were and are. I came late to minelab in Spring of 2018 buying a Nox 800. Before had AT Pro. Had I bought an Etrac or CTX I would have been so ahead of the game. Never could get the Nox 800 to really work for me in my super trashy Atlanta urban environment. Within about 3 weeks found Civil war spencer fired bullet, wheat and 1946 rosie in the same areas I have been hunting with the AT Pro and 800. Still learning, but I am really amazed with my CTX. I did a lot less trash now on top of getting better good targets out of the ground.

There there the small things that I like. Of course the display CO-FE. But the siding shaft with the wires inside. One unsnap and retract the detector where it fits easily in my car without taking up much room. Even the Pro-swing 45 harness is so well designed. Especially the using of one hand to adjust the bungie cord and the big loop over a simple sturdy hook. So easy to hook and unhook compared to the cheaper harnesses where you have to press together the sides of the snap. Not so easy with gloves on. And the Xchange2 program makes creating/edition programs and tone profiles a snap. I used to hate trying to figure out tone bins on the 800. Not as easy as the CTX drag and drop software and ability to test it with a click on the speaker. A great early Christmas present to myself is my new CTX.

I cut my teeth with the etrac and moved on to the CTX and still have both. Bought an 800 at the intro and sent it down the road 3 weeks later because of the inadequacies. Only advantage was the ergonomics and with the other two you are digging enough good signals the swinging is easy. The 800 has no language by comparison and no target info in trashy areas that helps , loves bottle caps. I hunt with a couple that use 800s and it's no contest on the stuff the NOX is reputed to be great on like nickels , they find two , I find a dozen in the same park.Gold as well

I wouldn't say that I am a dedicated E-Trac user, but I still have mine and that detector has more coils than any of my other detectors. Several that I haven't even used yet. I got caught up in the CTX-3030 and Equinox 800 craze and relegated it to stand-by duty. I've been thinking about selling it, but it is kind of an iconic detector so I've been on the fence about it.

I have an Etrac and it has sat for a long while as I traveled a lot along with family obligations so could not put in the time. Kids are gone on their own so now am super excited to actually use it. I think its been out in the yard once and the beach once over the years. Been watching a lot of youtube vids recently and curious to see what other info and patterns are out there.

I have an Etrac and it has sat for a long while as I traveled a lot along with family obligations so could not put in the time. Kids are gone on their own so now am super excited to actually use it. I think its been out in the yard once and the beach once over the years. Been watching a lot of youtube vids recently and curious to see what other info and patterns are out there.
BTW, I did just pick up a Nel Thunder coil for it as well to play with.

ARE THERE ANY LEFT ?
I’m an E-trac user. Not very good with it but I’ve had it since they came out. Not many guys where I am located in Connecticut have them. I’m not a tech guy but I plan on trying the 1 1 0 setup tomorrow if I can figure it out.

I wouldn't say that I am a dedicated E-Trac user, but I still have mine and that detector has more coils than any of my other detectors. Several that I haven't even used yet. I got caught up in the CTX-3030 and Equinox 800 craze and relegated it to stand-by duty. I've been thinking about selling it, but it is kind of an iconic detector so I've been on the fence about it.
Let me know if you decide to sell any coils. Not sure what to get. Only have the stock one