Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I think I finally found it! Nokta Double Score

Treasurechic

Ever since the Simplex plus I have been impressed with Nokta/Makro as a company. I love and still own my Simplex+ but when the Legend came out I said gotta have it! Well I honestly don't like all the bells and whistles and updates. I realize there is a new generation of detectorists out there doing all these you tube videos telling me I won't find as much unless I but the most expensive complicated machine. BS! I just got a Nokta Double Score and just because of it's price it's not considered as good as a 1,600.00 detector. I get sick and tired of hearing them say good entry level or newbie detector more BS! My first detector was a Minelab Sovereign Elite, brand new from Kellyco so that tells you how long I have been detecting. Well what I'm getting at is Nokta read my mind, the Double Score is my multi frequency Simplex I've been wanting. Easier simple no fiddling around with settings get out there and find what's in the ground just like everyone else. I guess what my rant is ...is that just because it costs over a thousand dollars and up doesn't mean that's what I have to use as a long time detectorist. My best find ever in all my detecting years was a Oak tree sixpence found with an Xterra 305. An "entry level" detector. I guess my rant is just because you have been detecting for a year and have time to make all these videos don't tell us a detector is entry level just because of it's price. Just say your getting a lot for your money. I just sold a Deus 2 that I thought I had to have. Yikes! I don't want to have spend hours figuring out what settings to use. But then I get told well the preset settings are turn on and go, well I can get that for a fraction of the cost. That's my rant, and yes the Nokta double Score is going to be my go to detector, I'm going to learn it ( easily I'm sure) and that's going to be my primary detector. I'm done spending thousands thinking I need the best. That's my rant

Agreed bought a manticore this past summer....hated it. Turn this adjust that up and down with all kinds of screens. Sold it off. Been using Sovs since the 90's. Beep-Dig. Hove found thousands of pieces of jewelry since then. Just picked up an Elite for under 100 bucks. Will easily keep up or surpass most any other machine out there in my opinion. Bob

I still like all the bells,whistles & adjustments but the Double Score is a great high performing detector in a very user friendly package. Nokta just keeps raising the bar & changing the game rules. Keep us posted.

Agreed bought a manticore this past summer....hated it. Turn this adjust that up and down with all kinds of screens. Sold it off. Been using Sovs since the 90's. Beep-Dig. Hove found thousands of pieces of jewelry since then. Just picked up an Elite for under 100 bucks. Will easily keep up or surpass most any other machine out there in my opinion. Bob
Wow! Great deal on the Elite!

I still like all the bells,whistles & adjustments but the Double Score is a great high performing detector in a very user friendly package. Nokta just keeps raising the bar & changing the game rules. Keep us posted.
Sure will. And yes there are people who like all the adjustments I get that. I'm more of a pick it up a s go kind of gal😁

Treasurechic you are 100% correct as far as I'm concerned. I got rid of My Equinox and Deus 2 and went back to having fun, I was spending too much time trying all the possible settings and less time detecting. I've settled on a new Double Score and a G2+. I'm having fun again. At my age, the multiple, layered settings kept me confused. The younger guys and dolls probably don't understand.

Well said - like the read!
I feel so much the same. Detected for years, got away for years due to medical and now working back into it I had a lot to catch up on. Found out White's and Tesoro are no more plus all the new fangle dangle detectors on the market.
Before I dropped out I used Tesoro Compadre to Whites V3i (which I still have both plus more.). Now getting back into it it's rainy season and I don't have a detector I would chance getting rain wet so recently started looking for something I can swing in wet weather. I started upper cost level (Manti, Nox, Dues) and started working my way downward. All I know is with what I currently have and weather allows I more times than not grab a more simple detector. I still won't let the V3i go as sometimes I get in the mood for it, but find myself grabbing the Compadre for the most so it gets used more than the V3i, F-75, and my other Tesoro's. It's super simple with 1 knob and flat out works, but not waterproof.
So after your post I'm going to start looking into it some and a lot has to do with the way you put it and like I say I'm looking to add another below the higher end machines, something not heavy in the menu's but something simple near turn on and go but allows a few simple tweaks when desired.
Another I was looking at was the X-Terra Pro but looks like the Double Score should be another one to put on my list of possible detectors.
In addition to stock coil I also feel a need for a small-medium size coil to add.
Appreciate your opinion on the Double Score - and how you feel about it and other BS...

Treasurechic you are 100% correct as far as I'm concerned. I got rid of My Equinox and Deus 2 and went back to having fun, I was spending too much time trying all the possible settings and less time detecting. I've settled on a new Double Score and a G2+. I'm having fun again. At my age, the multiple, layered settings kept me confused. The younger guys and dolls probably don't understand.
Willy I actually just purchased a T2 SE as my 2nd machine. I got it for under 500.00 new I'll tell you what the build quality is excellent, what a great looking detector! I can't wait to play around with both machines. I got 2 detectors including the 9,5 coil for the double Score for less than the Deus 2 cost. 😁

Okay watched a few videos and did a little reading and like what I watched/read so far. I think it comes with 12x9 coil, I'm sure I'd prefer the 9x5 though - can always add.
So for now this one is on my possibility list pending looking a little more into it along with a few other detectors I need to look deeper into - back & forth not easy to decide...

Okay watched a few videos and did a little reading and like what I watched/read so far. I think it comes with 12x9 coil, I'm sure I'd prefer the 9x5 though - can always add.
So for now this one is on my possibility list pending looking a little more into it along with a few other detectors I need to look deeper into - back & forth not easy to decide...
There's an update coming. Not sure when or what it will pertain too, can only make it better.

Congrats on your new purchases, Treasurechic.

I agree, in that sometimes simpler is better, and sometimes all you need for your hunt. I use a D2-9” and an Apex and have good success with both. Light weight and less fatigue to my old body are key for me.

Sometimes, the Apex is all I need, and the simplicity of it makes for an enjoyable hunt. At more difficult spots, I get out the D2 and use the adjustability to allow maximizing my finds. Prior to buying the D2, I had to spend more time with the Apex to extract all the nectar possible.

HH

dd214 good to know and thanks for the info.

Add: from what I've seen it seems the Score/Double Score sits between the Simplex series & Ledgend - a middle of the road machine that's simple with some allowable tweaks but not to heavy menu driven that one needs to dive into to get going.

Last edited:
Ever since the Simplex plus I have been impressed with Nokta/Makro as a company. I love and still own my Simplex+ but when the Legend came out I said gotta have it! Well I honestly don't like all the bells and whistles and updates. I realize there is a new generation of detectorists out there doing all these you tube videos telling me I won't find as much unless I but the most expensive complicated machine. BS! I just got a Nokta Double Score and just because of it's price it's not considered as good as a 1,600.00 detector. I get sick and tired of hearing them say good entry level or newbie detector more BS! My first detector was a Minelab Sovereign Elite, brand new from Kellyco so that tells you how long I have been detecting. Well what I'm getting at is Nokta read my mind, the Double Score is my multi frequency Simplex I've been wanting. Easier simple no fiddling around with settings get out there and find what's in the ground just like everyone else. I guess what my rant is ...is that just because it costs over a thousand dollars and up doesn't mean that's what I have to use as a long time detectorist. My best find ever in all my detecting years was a Oak tree sixpence found with an Xterra 305. An "entry level" detector. I guess my rant is just because you have been detecting for a year and have time to make all these videos don't tell us a detector is entry level just because of it's price. Just say your getting a lot for your money. I just sold a Deus 2 that I thought I had to have. Yikes! I don't want to have spend hours figuring out what settings to use. But then I get told well the preset settings are turn on and go, well I can get that for a fraction of the cost. That's my rant, and yes the Nokta double Score is going to be my go to detector, I'm going to learn it ( easily I'm sure) and that's going to be my primary detector. I'm done spending thousands thinking I need the best. That's my rant
You don’t have to spend $1600 , I opted for the D2 WS6 master for half of the full D2 . I do understand what all the adjustments do , but it has taken 6-8 months of testing to really optimize its abilities and now the finds it produces are excellent. I feel that one must take time to really understand what the adjustments do and how to get the best out of a detector. The Nokta Score 2 offers enough features that when learned well, it will get the goods !! I will probably pick up a used one eventually . I never try to have more than 2 detectors. It would be a great 2nd detector plus it can be submerged for beach detecting . HH Tony

What does the double score feel like compared to the Legend, does it feel lighter?
Yes lighter and the navigation is much easier because it doesn't have all of the tweeker settings the legend has. Another thing I love is the buttons much easier to see.

There's an update coming. Not sure when or what it will pertain too, can only make it better.
That's Nokta for you, always listening and improving. My guess is there's going to be another mode that fills in that empty spot on the right. But I could be wrong. There could actually be multiple improvements being added in one update.

That's Nokta for you, always listening and improving. My guess is there's going to be another mode that fills in that empty spot on the right. But I could be wrong. There could actually be multiple improvements being added in one update.
Can't wait to see!

Hope the spot on the right says "Go left, go 4 feet more, stop, dig the monster gold ring with whopping diamonds 5 inches down right here, need toilet paper now" :D

My first experience metal detecting was renting a Tesoro Compadre and I had a great time. It was a single knob machine and about as simple of a beep and dig machine as you get but I actually miss it.