Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I think I finally found it! Nokta Double Score

Ever since the Simplex plus I have been impressed with Nokta/Makro as a company. I love and still own my Simplex+ but when the Legend came out I said gotta have it! Well I honestly don't like all the bells and whistles and updates. I realize there is a new generation of detectorists out there doing all these you tube videos telling me I won't find as much unless I but the most expensive complicated machine. BS! I just got a Nokta Double Score and just because of it's price it's not considered as good as a 1,600.00 detector. I get sick and tired of hearing them say good entry level or newbie detector more BS! My first detector was a Minelab Sovereign Elite, brand new from Kellyco so that tells you how long I have been detecting. Well what I'm getting at is Nokta read my mind, the Double Score is my multi frequency Simplex I've been wanting. Easier simple no fiddling around with settings get out there and find what's in the ground just like everyone else. I guess what my rant is ...is that just because it costs over a thousand dollars and up doesn't mean that's what I have to use as a long time detectorist. My best find ever in all my detecting years was a Oak tree sixpence found with an Xterra 305. An "entry level" detector. I guess my rant is just because you have been detecting for a year and have time to make all these videos don't tell us a detector is entry level just because of it's price. Just say your getting a lot for your money. I just sold a Deus 2 that I thought I had to have. Yikes! I don't want to have spend hours figuring out what settings to use. But then I get told well the preset settings are turn on and go, well I can get that for a fraction of the cost. That's my rant, and yes the Nokta double Score is going to be my go to detector, I'm going to learn it ( easily I'm sure) and that's going to be my primary detector. I'm done spending thousands thinking I need the best. That's my rant
Since it operates at 15 Khz, could you use it to find gold nuggets?

Why are you selling?
Screenshot_20240316_114216_eBay.jpg

I agree with so many here. Been detecting since 1968 and you name the brand and model and I have most likely used it! I have a Deus II now, but just ordered a Nokta Double Score, because I want to simplify my hunting. I've owned a couple Noktas in the past and they always did right by me. The Deus 2 is an awesome unit, but I am tired of charging a coil, the unit and the headphones. So many menus and it can be fun to fine tune them, but at 71, I am moving back to simplicity. I just don't want to think that hard! Lol!

I agree with so many here. Been detecting since 1968 and you name the brand and model and I have most likely used it! I have a Deus II now, but just ordered a Nokta Double Score, because I want to simplify my hunting. I've owned a couple Noktas in the past and they always did right by me. The Deus 2 is an awesome unit, but I am tired of charging a coil, the unit and the headphones. So many menus and it can be fun to fine tune them, but at 71, I am moving back to simplicity. I just don't want to think that hard! Lol!
Have you used any of the Bulgarian made metal detectors?

One of my nephews has the Legend, Equinox, and a Deus ll. He really likes them all but, he took the time to really learn the Deus and he is a whiz with it. Me...I'll stick with my Legend. Now, I gotta get me one of them Double Scores. Ahhh. Life is too short.

Agreed bought a manticore this past summer....hated it. Turn this adjust that up and down with all kinds of screens. Sold it off. Been using Sovs since the 90's. Beep-Dig. Hove found thousands of pieces of jewelry since then. Just picked up an Elite for under 100 bucks. Will easily keep up or surpass most any other machine out there in my opinion. Bob
Try doing some depth tests with your elite and compare to Manticore or the e- nox. You might be surprised. I have not seen an older vintage machine that can come close to the latest minelabs.

You have to own a use a sovereign to understand it's depth capabilities. I am strictly a beach hunter. it is here where the sov really shines. Maybe inland some of the latest units can sniff out deeper targets? I wouldn't know. For me the simplicity of use is what I prefer. I am damn near 70 and Ijust don't want to fiddle around with buttons and screens. My sov runs wide open and stable on my salt beach. I can eliminate iron and only dig non-ferrous targets for the most part. Thats all I need. I did own the Manticore and did not dig 1 target my sov would not have also seen. Hope you do better with yours Bob