Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My CTX is completly broken after 1 year.

thebug

I buy Ctx3030 exactly 1 year before...

After 3 month my wm-10 Wireless is broken..just not open..
After 6 month Li-ion Rechargeable Battery Death
After 13 month My detector is completly broken .I push the buttom on and is not open...
Now i search my receipt and i don t find cool...

I m Thinking personnally the ctx3030 is a good technologie machine but the conception is shit and for the price of the ctx3030 minelab use very cheap materials.I open my Li-ion Rechargeable Battery and i m very desappointing because is use very cheap china battery...

I m thinking personnally using a ctx3030 on water is a big risk.This machine is a bad conception for a water machine...

All the time i use in water.,I Clean the gasket before for shure he have no sand and i put elastic for shure is not open on water.
and i found water on my battery pack block...

All my live i use Minelab and i buy 6 different machine from minelab and i don t shure i buy another machine from minelab now...

Sorry i m french and my English is not very good...

All of your issues should be covered under warranty, you should be contacting minelab for repair or replacement of all these things you have mentioned.

I had the battery death and I think some fresh water got in there not much thou and I was very ANAL about keeping the seal clean.
After my warranty expired I sold it because I knew if it leaked on me I couldn't afford the repair.
Kind of stinks because I liked the detector too.

Out of warranty Minelabs are a risk. Repairs can be extremely costly, especially on recent designs.

yes yes and yes, I said to my mate don't feel safe taking my machine in the water it's out of warranty and with good reason I would suggest.

like where the coil connects is not even waterproof as in water gets in there through the gap on to metal fittings down inside to where the screen is, bit scary for my liking or bump one on the battery clips and boom its all over.

so yeah shallow wading is about as far as I go I can't afford to pay minelabs extortive repair prices and am seriously thinking about selling mine.

shame really as it is a nice machine but for mine it's not waterproof , water resistant maybe waterproof no.

yes and they charge 150 $ for a 20 $ battery pack I went to look at a coil bolt and it was 45 $ OMG are they kidding !!

batteries link. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2172718

AJ

I have had mine for about 3 years now, over 2,000 hours of use, 20,000 + coins dug, 500 + silver coins (I keep an Excel speadsheet of each hunt), and I am completely happy with the machine and Minelab service! I had a bad coil late 2013 (shipped me a new one in about 10 days), shaft loose where handle grip is because I tend to lean on it as I dig (I am 72 now and they sent the rubber/neoprene gasket device that tightens it up and I installed them, took 5 days to get them), lost/misplaced my wireless module and charger and ordered a new one - one week (not Minelab's fault, totally my dumba@@ fault), and early this year it seemed to need to 'warm up' for about 20 minutes before it would give me a depth or VDI. That took about 3 weeks total due to a lot of people getting warranty work done this winter. They repaired that in exceptional fashion.

This was a new technology machine with really new advanced features and IMHO is the absolute best machine on the market for target id and features. All new technology devices have growing pains. The CTX is no exception. Could they have engineered some things better? Sure, no doubt about it. The battery seal, the 'waterproof' should be much better, better zoom in definition on the GPS, a bit faster processing of signal (I know it is a 'fast' processor, but it is so bound up in processing data that the swing speed has to be really slowed down to allow it to see the target, and process it to a tone and VDI), and last is the cost of replacement parts. They are outrageously expensive! .

As you can see, I too have had issues with the machine and I complained on here about the long wait for service in the winter. I was wrong to do that. I should have dealt with Minelab as they have always been exceptional in response and service on any of the 4 Minelab's I have owned. All in all I am very happy with the machine and with the service. I would love to know how many CTX's have been sold and how many repair issues were totally Minelab's fault, not the user. If it were actually a high percentage then there would be class action suits going.

My old hunting buddy dropped his Lesche on the screen and it cracked. Minelab replaced for free. That's pretty darn amazing. No machines are without fault, but mostly it is caused by humans.

Have had mine for a year and a half now. In that time minelab has replaced the battery and charger, the 17" coil the stock coil, And replaced the quick clamp a the top shaft. All was handled very quickly and John in teck support was very understanding. You would have to kill me to get my CTX 3030. Love it.

Mines going on 2 years, no problems at all, hope you call the service center and they will probably send you a whole new unit.

warranty is great and all,but who wants to spend there time shipping a detector or parts all the time..i'd rather spend my time hunting ..

undrpar said:
warranty is great and all,but who wants to spend there time shipping a detector or parts all the time..i'd rather spend my time hunting ..

Probably no one wants to.

undrpar said:
This is very true however as the detectors advance with more and more options they are bound to have problems look at cars for example there almost a computer if you don't want problems with your detector get a beep and dig very dependable but will be stone age soon. sube

All the above problems should be covered on the warranty. You should have no problems having Minicab take care of you. If I have to send in my CTX for repair I have the Excals as backup.

All lipoly batteries are made in China...
You have a single o-ring gasket between the battery and detector. It is the only path for water contamination. Try a larger diameter o-ring with some silicone grease. All you can do.

I had my first on in 2012 and brake it last in may 2015 due to a severe saltwater leak behind the usb port. It was my fault. Minelab did the exchange without any question.

FYI info I dive with it at least 2 times a week and I don't really are about the depth LoL. The only thing I can say is that Minelab has a great service and they don't question about the usage.

Here is a vid of the "border line" usage that I make with the CTX 3030 [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0tGBgk0zBY[/video]

I even had a few emails from Minelab to get some pictures of my CTX underwater :biggrin:

Not sure CTX is bulletproof, but their service is!

YES I WOULD
take better care of my customers a little better then thay do. i guess its all about money then, helping us out. makeing us
pay to ship wen its a warranty job is B.S. IN MY BOOK!! but you have to emmit they are good detectors. so we have to live with it
until some one comes out with something better i guess. wen CO. get big they forget how they got there, it is us that keep them
in business.some one needs to remind them or there CPOs.from time to time!!

minelabbob