Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New V3i 18650 battery holder. What U think?

nalc472

I talked my Ukraine buddy to make a V3I holder for Lithium 18650 Batteries. This will allow U to detect for weeks.
What Do U think about this holder? That will shave off at least 8 oz of weight.

This guy seems to be able to make anything on a 3d printer. I do not have a V3i anymore but remember it likes to eat batteries. It will make it a lot lighter and last a very long time.

You can put 3400mah 18650 flat tops. Voltage will start at around 12.5 total and go down from there. My etrac with 3 batteries goes 30+ hours on one charge. You should be able to buy 3 batteries, charger, and device and spend about 50-55 dollars.

I know for me if I can shed 8 oz off my weight of my detector the balance is only easier for me.

Pretty much a copy of the RNB battery pack. It would be good or even better if it had the plug for charging it made into it like the RNB.

For about 55.00 all in I take my batteries out of the device every say 30 hours of use. It is no big deal to charge.

The real question left is how long the battery hungery V3i will run. Likely much different than an Etrac. Otherwise, it's a nice design.

If you change standard battery pack internals for new AA cells you don't need lithium cells... On max settings 6-7 hours minimum.

The RNB has three 3.7v lithium batteries and the one I have is a 3100mah. I hunt for 2-3 hours or more 3-4 times per week and my V3i lasts almost 2 weeks of this usage before I have to charge the battery. I am sure with good quality batteries used in this setup would yield 30 hours.

He is going to sell it for I believe 22.00 Plus Shipping. If U put 3400mah batteries in this thing it will rock. I use 18650B 3400mah 3.7 Panasonic made in Japan batteries in my holder for my E-trac. I am sitting on 12.00V after 8 hours of hunting.

These are lots bigger. Only 3 18650B create tons of power.

The detectors have a over protection cutoff and under cutoff. However if U can use a protected battery use it.