Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New V3i 18650 battery holder. What U think?

nalc472 said:
I would think if your voltage would drop below 8 just replace one battery (if U have an extra) and it should allow U to keep hunting for the rest of the day.

Not a Good Idea and Highly Not recommended. This could stress the remaining two batteries. Definitely not a safe practice for Lipos in my opinion. I'm no expert though. Although I've been using them for over 5 years in numerous applications.

1. If using unprotected batteries maybe it could lead to explosive battery failure.

2. If using protected batteries, once a battery goes into cutoff it no longer supplies any voltage or current at all until re-charge. Like opening a switch or removing the other two batteries out of the holder completely. See warning #1 above if a protection circuit in one of the were to fail.

If you plan on using this battery holder, I suggest you read up on LiPo safety and proper use. Failing to follow such guidelines could be hazardous to you and/or your detector.

But the thread has been about using Lithium Ion 18650 cells which are not has troublesome as LiPo.

Alan

I can only use unprotected in my minelab 18650 holder. No room for protected. That thing goes for 30 hours and don't think I will have any problem keeping in charged. Dont get to hunt that much.

ArizFlash said:
But the thread has been about using Lithium Ion 18650 cells which are not has troublesome as LiPo.

Alan

You are correct Alan Lit-Ion are not as problematic as LiPo's however they are not like using a alkaline batteries either and similar precautions should be followed for any Lithium based cells

Rnb lithium battery for whites will run close to 30 hours on a charge for me. I got mine with a V3i detector that I bought used. It cuts a bunch of weight off the box, comes with a plug in charger for the battery pack. With the charger, & protected cells, the price is not terrible. Good quality lithium batteries are expensive, and if they don't work right, cells don't match, get overcharged, or over-discharged, they tend to catch fire... If you make your own pack, make sure you know what you're doing and use protected cells.

https://www.amazon.com/RnB-Innovations-HP-3100-Lithium-ion-Detectors/dp/B00LXBWB6Q

I'm loving my V3i 18650 battery holder. Total cost after buying 4 3000mah batteries along with the holder, $47. I hunt 4 hours most days, some days more and it's 5 days before I approach full drain. I've only ran them all the way down once. At the 5 day point, I charge. Very good purchase for less than $50.

3525959.jpg

for the V3i, do you use panasonic 18650B? what does the B mean? Should you use protected or unprotected in the V3i?

I think I will just stick with my 2700 mAh NiMh cells......

Go to ebay home page and click on advanced search. Scroll to the bottom and search for sn0wboarder. They are listed as of this date and time for $22.00 plus $5 shipping and 3 are available.

This guy is great. I talked him into making a holder for the V3i. The rest is history.I have a different holder for my e-trac. I never need to check the battery. It goes on for months. I use the Panasonic batterries made in Japan 18650b; I can use a protected battery in this holder.

I talked my Ukraine buddy to make a V3I holder for Lithium 18650 Batteries. This will allow U to detect for weeks.
What Do U think about this holder? That will shave off at least 8 oz of weight.
Whats the trick to see the photo?