Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:thumbup:RNB Innovations Lithium Battery Finally Died.....

I've been hunting a lot lately trying to get you guys (and gals) the answer of exactly how many hours can you hunt with the new RNB Innovations battery before it dies? I got my answer today after my machine finally died. Anyone want to take a guess on how many hours I got out of it?

The answer is just minutes short of 30 hours after the first charge. This is with real hunting and using the sunray probe. Before I started this test, Joe told me that I should get even more time out of it after a few charges as it gets the battery working better. I'll see about that. Either way, 30 hours in the field is REALLY impressive.

I hope this helps some of you in your purchase decision.

-Marc

Wow .... that sure is a lot of swing time out of one battery charge - thanks for the post !

I also like the features/convenience of the chargers for these batteries.------If the price on them doesn't rise after this introductory offer, I'm going to get a couple.----------Del

I thought it was really incredible. If your counting the hours Bart, you've got quite a way to go. Mine died after 29 hours and 37 minutes. I had my stop watch going each time I went out.

I think I'll do this exercise again on now that I charged it up as Joe said it should run longer after a couple of charges.

Either way, I conclude, for now, that this battery is good for just about 30 hours of fun. For the analytical types, call it 28-30 hours in order to cover variances. I wouldn't want someone on here to get upset because they only got 28.5 hours out of theirs. Being lithium, there should not be much of a variance but, as stated above, Joe told me the batteries will not perform at 100% until they have been charged/discharged a few times.

Hope this helps some of you and I'll start the clock again for the second round. HH -Marc

Wish they could be sold here in the UK , that kind of battery power might make me keep the ET instead of buying its replacement when ever that is .

If they ever due , i will have one.

You might want to contact Joe and see if he would ship you one to the UK. It would surely be more expensive given shipping but I think it would be worth every penny. I'll surely never use my stock battery again.

One piece of info that some of you may want to know is the fact that your battery meter will NOT provide the same info as with your stock battery. This is not the fault of battery design, it is just the nature of lithium technology being used in a product which is not designed/calibrated for it.

What you will find is that your battery meter will drop to 3/4 and will die from there without going any lower. This is due to the fact that lithium batteries don't have the same curve in loss of voltage as the stock batteries do. Lithium batteries provide consistent voltage, drop a little and then auto-shut-off to protect the battery from over-discharge.

This is not a problem as you will adapt to it. On the flip side, this is actually a good thing. It is fact that as your batteries weaken, your detector will not operate at full power due to less power being available. With the lithium battery, you run for a LONG time at "full" battery and when the bar drops, you know the optimum voltage is no longer in play and it's time to consider recharging. Now, I hunted for about 14 more hours after my battery made the first drop off, which I thought was really good. Also, I am no expert on this battery at this point as I have only discharged/recharged it twice now and have only done one solid run of actual hunting of about 30 hours through it. I am obviously still learning it as well, however, knowing how the battery meter is affected, and knowing what is going on there is important to understand as I am sure someone will not be expecting it. I hope this helps someone from scratching their head.

I also look forward to hearing from some of you guys/gals that have purchased some. I REALLY like mine and you would already have to physically pry it from me for me to give it up. -Marc

Got one recently and have put about 6 hours on it and still showing full charge. The stock battery would be drained by now.
This one rocks.

I got one and have hunted 4 times (8-10 hours) with full charge still showing.

I love it!

This is a worthwhile investment if you hunt all day like I sometimes do.

Our local Minelab dealer is now carrying this battery, and he charges the same as what you pay on here for them:twodetecting:....nge

I am saving up for one of these, might just be a self Christmas present. However just an FYI as us northerners head into winter. I have been using this battery technology in my RC airplanes for several years, and the performance is temperature dependent. With colder temperatures ( below 45 degrees F) there will be some loss in run time. With that said, the reduced operating time should still be more than double the stock NiMh pack.

Brian P.