Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:thumbup:RNB Innovations Lithium Battery Finally Died.....

I put one of those "shake and heat" hand warmers on the bottom of my handle where the lifeblood lives. Works great, will also keep your wrist warm......NGE

[size=medium]i for one find any current info, especially on a new product, very helpful so thanks for all the private research and posting of your findings.
like you i think there'd be alot of head scratching and cursing with-out this for-knowledge. will probly save R&D from a lot of complaints. at least less. there will be those who haven't read this that will get upset when this happens and start making demands about what and why. Thanks again MHirshmann.

HH[/size]

widebody said:
[size=medium]i for one find any current info, especially on a new product, very helpful so thanks for all the private research and posting of your findings.
like you i think there'd be alot of head scratching and cursing with-out this for-knowledge. will probably save RNB from a lot of complaints. at least less. there will be those who haven't read this that will get upset when this happens and start making demands about what and why. Thanks again MHirshmann.

HH[/size]

Thanks "widebody" for the comments...

We can only say so much about ML-2900 and are very happy with its performance over the past year before it was on the Market so now it's up to all the Treasure Hunters to spread the word !

It really has been amazing how fast the word has travelled out there.

This Forum has been great for RNB Innovations and I'm a very Proud Sponsor!

Thanks Again to All the Many Hunters on this Forum that have Purchased the ML-2900 Batt Pack for their Great Minelab Machines.......

If anybody has any questions please let us know and Merry Christmas!

Best Regards

Joe

30 hours on a rechargeable battery of any type is quite impressive...I also like the fact that time and temperature has little effect on the charge...2 hours in the car to charge is quite impressive also...Will be looking into getting one of these.

HH,

I was so impressed with my first order that I bought a second pack. Somewhere I saw it written that the pack weighs a little over 10 ounces. That may be with the box and charger (shipping container) but I weighed mine without all the packing and it weighs in at a paltry 6.23 oz. And btw, I have over 45 hours on my initial charge, I don't hunt every day, and when I do, it's only 2 to 3 hours at a time. When I'm not hunting, my detector is sitting in a cold truck out in the garage. And it still has not dropped voltage. A friend of mine bought a CTX and unfortunately had to send it back, so he had no machine to hunt with, I loaned him my EX XS II. So I got the minelab NmHi pack and the RNB pack out of their respective machines and figured I'd charge both before we went out on a 6 hour hunt. I charged the Nmhi pack for 18 hours, and when I put the RNB pack on its charger, I got a green light, so I checked the voltage and it read 12.5 volts:clapping:. When we got to the park that we were going to hunt, 1/2 hour after hunting, the minelab rechargeable dropped 1 bar, and after 6 hours non stop hunting, it died on my friend, while mine was still going strong. So I told my friend that, that would never happen to him again with one of my machines, that's why I bought a second pack. Sure is nice walking through Sam's Club and not having the battery display attack me as I walk by.........nge

I got mine last week and hunted about 10 hours on it on some cold days. Still showed a full charge. I was hoping to run it each day for the next week until it died but snow and cold weather got the best of me.

Thank you all for your Reviews!

I will be posting as many as I can on my website.

http://rnb-innovations.com/minelab-batt.htm

Joe

I would be interested in your old stock battery. How much do you want for it. CODY 208-447-6222

I used my new RNB battery for the first time today. Before leaving the house, I checked the battery meter and it read 4 bars. About one hour into detecting, the detector suddenly went completely dead. How long does the initial charge take? RNB's website claims that charging takes 2 hours, and I charged it longer than that. I was afraid that the E-TRAC was malfunctioning, but when I put the stock rechargeable battery in, it worked normally. I have the RNB charging now, and the charger is flashing red and green. The instructions inside the box state that the charger will be red and then turn green when charging is complete. Could someone tell me if this is normal, or do I need to send the battery back to BBH?

I get that much out of my Sanyo Eneloops XX for half the price

Sorry, but I'm not buying into a $130 battery when the stock Minelab works just fine for me. If I were going on a couple day pack-in hunt maybe, but for hitting a few parks and old homesites a week for a few hrs. a day I have zero need for this battery.

Get in touch with Joe (RNB).----You've got something wrong with either the charger or battery.-----It should be solid red till charged, then solid green.----Joe's a good guy, I'm sure he will make it good for you.
Kzoo Detector said:
I used my new RNB battery for the first time today. Before leaving the house, I checked the battery meter and it read 4 bars. About one hour into detecting, the detector suddenly went completely dead. How long does the initial charge take? RNB's website claims that charging takes 2 hours, and I charged it longer than that. I was afraid that the E-TRAC was malfunctioning, but when I put the stock rechargeable battery in, it worked normally. I have the RNB charging now, and the charger is flashing red and green. The instructions inside the box state that the charger will be red and then turn green when charging is complete. Could someone tell me if this is normal, or do I need to send the battery back to BBH?

bottle collector said:
Sorry, but I'm not buying into a $130 battery when the stock Minelab works just fine for me. If I were going on a couple day pack-in hunt maybe, but for hitting a few parks and old homesites a week for a few hrs. a day I have zero need for this battery.

To each his own !!!! I know that I will never be without the RNB ! If you really want to go cheap, take your shoes off and scuff your socks across the carpet to charge up . Look what you can save now.:clapping:

between the stock battery and the Sanyo Eneloops XX I can get 50 hours so I'll save the money for gas to go hunting

I have about 18 hours hunting time on a charge, and now it has been sitiing in the detector for 3 1/2 months and still shows 1 bar short of full charge...No :pinnochio !!!

HH,

I bought one and i have over 12 hours on it and i havent dropped a bar. Amazing battery, well worth the money if your a serious detector.

Almost 30 hrs. run time ... amazing !

roadapple said:
bottle collector said:

To each his own !!!! I know that I will never be without the RNB ! If you really want to go cheap, take your shoes off and scuff your socks across the carpet to charge up . Look what you can save now.:clapping:

Hey I'm all for letting each make their own choices, so order a gross of 'em if you want. All I said is it does not make sense for ME, nothing about the rest of the world. As for the scuffing the socks comment, I'm not sure where that's coming from but it certainly has nothing to do with lack of funds or being cheap. It's all about knowing what I need and it's not bragging rights to a bionic battery and that's all I'd be buying in MY case. I bought the etrac, the SEF coils in 6x8, 10x12 and 12x15 and the Sunray x5, the X1 probe, the Garrett PP, a Lesche, a Predator Raptor and Little Eagle-- so, no my friend, it has nothing to do with being cheap. I sold the Lesche- I think the offset blade is horrible and it sucks at pulling loose dirt from the hole. Both predators go along for the ride and the tool of choice is a Hori Hori. I leave the 10x12 and 12x15 SEF's at home, the 10x12 is no better than the pro coil and the 12x15 is a brick. The Garrett PP gets the nod all the time and the X1 is only kept for rapid coil change purposes. If you are so hardcore that the factory battery pack does not have enough time to charge between hunts or you are so absent minded that you can't make sure you have enough AA's before you leave then yes the battery might makes sense for you but I can say with 100% certainty that a $130 battery will not put a single extra find in my bag and in the end that's what it is all about. I'm sure it is an asset for some but not ME, but hey, I still shoot low 80's with a 15 year old set of golf clubs and still win beer money from people who buy a couple sets of clubs a year so what do I know about what I need anyhow.

surfchunker said:
I get that much out of my Sanyo Eneloops XX for half the price

Those are great batteries, I use them too. Not as light as the RNB pack but lighter than the stock pack.