Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:thumbup:RNB Innovations Lithium Battery Finally Died.....

I love my RNB. I don't worry if my battery is charged before I go out anymore. If it drops to 1 bar I just charge it when I get home and then hunt for a "LONG" time again before I worry about it.

It was a great investment.

Understood, Bottle Collector.
Im glad your stock setup works well for you.
For others in need of long run time, the rnb is the way to go. To be fair, its not as costly as you think, if you factor in the cost of a second stock battery necessary for those who have the time and energy for those all day hunts.
Yes, AA's are also a great option as stated above in the thread
I was fine with my stock battery too and only hunt 4 hours at a time max. But I felt the rnb tug at my sleeve and couldn't resist.
Sold the stock battery and charger to offset the cost.
Sometimes the fun of customizing and just trying something new is all its about.
Have fun everyone,
Cheers

There are now two RNB batteries for the minelab. The ML-2900 and the newer ML-3100. Has anyone used both? Is there any difference? Their the same price as far as I can tell.

Since I have had mine I have charged it after around 30 + hours each time and usually I still have 2 notches still on it . I also bought a back up from someone who sold his ET in favour of having a CTX , poor old soul :D

Best battery for the best machine.

After hearing you guys talk about this battery I pulled the trigger on the ML-2900. I searched the web to try and find reviews on the new ML-3100 but couldn't find any but the 2900 had great reviews. My rechargeable that i use now loses a bar in just two hours of use. I appreciate all the posts on the subject!

Buy one !
Charged in around 2 hours . Holds most of its charge even after a year unused . And lasts around 35 hours on a charge on average . But don't let it go lower than 1 notch or it may not last as long , best to charge up at 1 or 2 notches.

Mine will be here Monday!!! Looking forward to it and not worring about if I have enough battery life for my road trip even though I always carry the alkaline pack with freash AAs.

lespaul said:
Mine will be here Monday!!! Looking forward to it and not worring about if I have enough battery life for my road trip even though I always carry the alkaline pack with freash AAs.
You will be amazed with this battery !!!! I have had mine for over a year and all I can say is it is "the best single investment I have made for the E-Trac". Happy Hunting !

I bought the battery in late March. Charged it up and began hunting April 4th. Finally died on April 27th with at least 30 hours of hunting time. I am very impressed and highly recommend this battery !

I have been getting between 30 and 35 hours on a full charge
I will never use the stock packs unless I have to...

HH,

Thanks for all the good info. I just bought the 3400 battery and was wondering if you have the 2900, 3100 or the 3400?
Thanks

I have the 3100 and see that they must have just released the 3400 recently. My 3100 has been cranking out 3.1 amp hours for over two years. The 3400 puts out 3.4 amp hours I believe. You will be very happy with the 3400, especially when see the short recharge time.

RNB is great, for info the RNB charger also will charge the Whites RNB battery , same size port to battery!!!!!!

I've been hunting a lot lately trying to get you guys (and gals) the answer of exactly how many hours can you hunt with the new RNB Innovations battery before it dies? I got my answer today after my machine finally died. Anyone want to take a guess on how many hours I got out of it?

The answer is just minutes short of 30 hours after the first charge. This is with real hunting and using the sunray probe. Before I started this test, Joe told me that I should get even more time out of it after a few charges as it gets the battery working better. I'll see about that. Either way, 30 hours in the field is REALLY impressive.

I hope this helps some of you in your purchase decision.

-Marc
Lighter too....great batteries.