Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where are all the CTX users?

Hit Gold! Ironman told me not to dig anything that read 6" or less. Had been digging 12-16 signals using the 17" coil that were reading 6"and was finding can slaw between 4-6". Got a 12-16, but it was reading at 9". I was using the 17" coil. Dug down a little over 6" and sold gold, figured it was gold anodized aluminum, about the size of a nickle. Then when I picked it up it was heavy. Didn't have my glasses on. Waited till Ironman got close and said I think I got gold. He looked and said it stamped 14k. After a little rubbing the dirt off it says "Love Always Jill" on the other side it has 12-25-67.
IMG_2977.JPG
IMG_2978.JPG

Hit Gold! Ironman told me not to dig anything that read 6" or less. Had been digging 12-16 signals using the 17" coil that were reading 6"and was finding can slaw between 4-6". Got a 12-16, but it was reading at 9". I was using the 17" coil. Dug down a little over 6" and sold gold, figured it was gold anodized aluminum, about the size of a nickle. Then when I picked it up it was heavy. Didn't have my glasses on. Waited till Ironman got close and said I think I got gold. He looked and said it stamped 14k. After a little rubbing the dirt off it says "Love Always Jill" on the other side it has 12-25-67.
Job well done! You need to develop a gold dance for future gold finds, or at least a loud gold holler. I had no idea you struck gold until we were leaving for lunch.

I bought my new CTX3030 30 days ago. Very few CTX owners post here any more. Lots of good archival stuff. Did they all buy Nox 800 or XP Deus detectors?
Same with other forums. Actually this is the best forum for CTX info. It is just older stuff. Which is not bad, because CTX info is pretty timeless. Just wondering.
Mine finally gave up the ghost after many happy years. Its does some things no other ones will do. But another one is too much money for a machine that will not let you adjust on site is simply archaic today. The Manticore which is a EQ with a 12 line in the much anticipated "New 3030". It is nice to know their repairs have improved I guess.

There would need to be a whopper of a machine to replace the Ctx, we have highly mineralized ground and this machine cuts right thru and gets the goodies. I hunt in places with emi and still get great depth.

Still here also. I’ve had my ctx 3030 about a year now I think. I haven’t been out that much, and really nothing to post. Life gets in the way working 12 hr night shift. From what little time I’ve used my ctx I really like it. It’s similar to my Etrac and I took to it quickly. I’ll get out soon again and post my finds weather it’s a coin or pull tab. For now I enjoy my fellow detectorists finds. H/H

Still here also. I’ve had my ctx 3030 about a year now I think. I haven’t been out that much, and really nothing to post. Life gets in the way working 12 hr night shift. From what little time I’ve used my ctx I really like it. It’s similar to my Etrac and I took to it quickly. I’ll get out soon again and post my finds weather it’s a coin or pull tab. For now I enjoy my fellow detectorists finds. H/H
There are record numbers of CTX 'S for sale on e - bay these days . Some real bargains to be got Secondhand on ctx 3030. Maybe the sellers are upgrading to manticore. Anyone's guess.

There are record numbers of CTX 'S for sale on e - bay these days . Some real bargains to be got Secondhand on ctx 3030. Maybe the sellers are upgrading to manticore. Anyone's guess.
They all want the newest and bestest more than likely never really learned the machine . Like the dfx v3i and explorer series detectors Heck it had more than two buttons . People want results NOW but you know and I know you have to learn the machine .
Not by only reading but USING .
I bought a manticore and deus and picked the deus to learn nothing wrong with the manticore .
Heck I have a nox 800 a ctx and a deus 2 and bought another deus 2 I use the deus because i am getting to be a old codger 69 this summer .
Went on a trip and left the deus charger at home used it till the battery died , what did I pick for backup not the nox but the ctx .
Using the deus 2 and ctx did not see that much difference from one to the other in yearly totals . Need more time on the deus have 11 years on the ctx but the deus is sweet on a old codger like me .
I could never cut grass with the ctx but I could if I wanted to with the deus 2 😁 .
Don't think I will sell mine just to many good memories , I know I will never feel out gunned with it . (UNLESS) the magic🍀🍀fairy duster one button finds it all comes out .😁 sube

I've been using my CTX for about five years. I struggled in the beginning to understand what in the world all those buttons did. Gradually I learned to a point where I began to feel comfortable and confident as I hunt. The other day my 17 inch coil said to dig a target tha was 11 inches down. I never hesitated and was rewarded with a beautiful colonial button.
it might be old but it's effective in the hands of those who put the time in to understand it. id still recommend it to anyone.

The CTX will still keep up with the newest machines in overall finds rates,like a lot of the older machines will.......here in the UK there are plenty of used nox's on the market and even manticores are making an appearance on the used market.🤣

The CTX will still keep up with the newest machines in overall finds rates,like a lot of the older machines will.......here in the UK there are plenty of used nox's on the market and even manticores are making an appearance on the used market.🤣
You just have to swing ctx real slow.

Our experiences are pretty very similar. Six years ago I bought the AT Pro. Fine machine, very easy to use, will find stuff and the best customer service I have experienced. After three years in Mar 2018 got caught up in the Equinox hype and sold the AT Pro and bought the Nox 800.
I made a big mistake with using the Nox. I tried to use every feature on the machine with not really knowing what I was doing. So 90% of the time probably in the 1st year was using a detuned machine. Should have just stayed in park 1 or 2 or field 1 or2.

But even after I learned it, it was picking up way too much trash, especially small trash. Cut back the sensitivity and there went the depth. I know the 800 is a very good machine, but just not for me in urban Atlanta that is super trashy.

Was advised by several forum members I trust to go to the CTX3030. What? go backwards to a machine introduced in 2012? They convinced me and I have been a happy puppy ever since. I have had it 30 days now. Found my first Civil War bullet, a silver dime and several wheaties. Lots to love about the CTX. FE-CO color display, ease of making patterns and audio tone ID's with Xchange2, finally a depth meter that is pretty darn accurate and tells you the depth in inches and not bars that are approximate if that. Collapsing shaft with cables inside that is a huge time saver for me. FE-CO color display that target trace almost makes it like a little underground radar. I deal with the weight issue with the Minelab swing harness. I have total confidence with the CTX producing for me in my trashy urban hunting areas.

There is one super trashy park near my home that is full of screw caps and other bits trash like zipper pulls that fools the CTX into thinking they are coins. I am not sure any detector can tell the difference on those problem items. The worst are the Pepsi screw caps. And I cannot go by depth since they are anywhere from 12 inches deep to 3" inches deep.

Maybe we can keep this sub-forum for the CTX alive. You are right, lots very good stuff here if you go back some. Lots of good videos. Andy's books is good on the CTX. Not so good his book on the Equinox. I am waiting for my Clive Clynick book on the CTX. It seems to be lost in the Christmas rush, ordered it two weeks ago. Clive's books on the Equinox were very good. Also almost anything your read about the E-trac it you can apply to the CTX.
Great post... I used to always want the latest coil, etc. but I think if you know what you have and get better at it you will do really well with the CTX or an old Explorer for that matter...

Starting my 6th year with the CTX.
Didn’t get out much this summer and fall because of the drought we are in. But I did dig 7 silvers in what few times I went.
I dug this 2 weeks ago. My second one with the Ctx.
30CA76D6-B4E3-4471-B292-C05BB38CC328.jpeg
00F6B6BF-A150-4381-97CB-EB40DA68C8F2.jpeg

I bought my new CTX3030 30 days ago. Very few CTX owners post here any more. Lots of good archival stuff. Did they all buy Nox 800 or XP Deus detectors?
Same with other forums. Actually this is the best forum for CTX info. It is just older stuff. Which is not bad, because CTX info is pretty timeless. Just wondering.
I’m here in 2024 just picked up my second CTX . I sold my first one and missed it so I picked up another one I have the Deus 2 and equinox 800. also, have an AT max Garrett. I have to get reacquainted with the CTX my other one had Andy Sabicsh’s programs on it I got to figure out a way to get those programs back on

i found these with my CTX. While detecting, I was with a friend who initially discovered their location but said he wouldn't dig them because they came up "trash" on his detector. He doesnt have a CTX. I went over the same area with my CTX and got a great signal. I dug and here is the result. The medal is some sort of civil war medal I'm told.
The CTX is still amazing.

Attachments

• 2F65EF2F-4CF4-42CD-BD30-9922CC1C5F6B.jpeg
    2F65EF2F-4CF4-42CD-BD30-9922CC1C5F6B.jpeg
    645.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 032A7BE4-B63D-44E7-A4A9-8D64513B3DEF.jpeg
    032A7BE4-B63D-44E7-A4A9-8D64513B3DEF.jpeg
    553.2 KB · Views: 15
All I can say bud is your friends detector must be trash if he couldn't get a decent signal on those.