Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where are all the CTX users?

Just got my CTX also and have not done any detecting with it yet. I have watched a lot of youtube videos and I'm reading a book by Andy Sabich. I am hoping to understand this thing before I head out with it. I don't have another detector and I have no previous experience detecting, so I'm trying to take it slow.
The Andy Sabisch book and YouTube videos will help to get you acquainted with the CTX-3030, but time in the field with your CTX and you will learn its full potential. It’s going to take time and patience to truly understand it. Happy hunting.

Last edited:
I bought my new CTX3030 30 days ago. Very few CTX owners post here any more. Lots of good archival stuff. Did they all buy Nox 800 or XP Deus detectors?
Same with other forums. Actually this is the best forum for CTX info. It is just older stuff. Which is not bad, because CTX info is pretty timeless. Just wondering.
I hope you enjoy the ctx 3030. I bought mine with the idea that I would learn everything there was to know about it Here I am years later and I still don't know everything. But I know a lot, and I get better using it all the time. It's an amazing detector.
My brother has a exterra 505 and he finds a lot with it. He used to dig a lot of junk until he would stop and ask me to check his new find. "Wave your detector over this one " My CTX would help to identify junk whereas his would not.
The one thing I had the most trouble with was remembering which menu something was on. If I wanted to change a setting, I had to remember where that setting was located, and then remember how to change it. My old brain finally went through it enough and did it enough that I do it pretty well now.
it is the best...I hope you love it.

I was here at the very beginning of the CTX forum. It was a great place for us all to learn about using it. Probably most of us moved on to Equinoxes or Deus. I sold my out of warranty CTX and bought the Equinox to try out. I figured if I didn't like it I'll buy another CTX. But then, I never looked back.

Just got mine less than 24 hours ago. Pretty excited. I had a pre-order in for a Deus II, but started to 2nd guess myself because it is such a new product and the wireless coil set up seemed like it was something else that could go wrong at some point. I was looking at the CTX for awhile before all the Deus chatter started, so I just went with my gut. Very impressed with the build quality and how it looks out of the box. Can’t wait to “go out in the yard and wave my thing” as my wife says lol

I'm still here, using my CTX. This Memorial Day will mark my 10-year CTX-iversary. It remains my primary machine and if it were to die tomorrow, I would immediately buy another.

Got the Ctx a week ago and it is a fine stable machine, as soon as I hit the ground with it I knew it was a keeper, just imagine if whites and minelab got into bed together, power, stability, reliability, best service on the planet and water proof to boot. One can only dream, I’m going over areas that I pounded with the V3I and not finding much with the Ctx but I’m now hunting in areas that the V3I could only dream of. Loving it more each day.

I bought my new CTX3030 30 days ago. Very few CTX owners post here any more. Lots of good archival stuff. Did they all buy Nox 800 or XP Deus detectors?
Same with other forums. Actually this is the best forum for CTX info. It is just older stuff. Which is not bad, because CTX info is pretty timeless. Just wondering.
Any rumors of an updated CTX coming out soon?

so far, nothing but speculation. Minelab probably won't do anything to hurt the Equinox sales that is almost a given.

Only thing people seem to be asking for to improve the CTX is lighter weight, faster processor and cheaper price. Otherwise the CTX is darn near perfect.

Got the Ctx a week ago and it is a fine stable machine, as soon as I hit the ground with it I knew it was a keeper, just imagine if whites and minelab got into bed together, power, stability, reliability, best service on the planet and water proof to boot. One can only dream, I’m going over areas that I pounded with the V3I and not finding much with the Ctx but I’m now hunting in areas that the V3I could only dream of. Loving it more each day.
Curious as to your statement regarding the CTX can hunt places the V3i can only dream about. Was that due to EMI? Or excessive trash?
Or something else?
Do not own the CTX but it has intrigued me for a long time. Have owned but not used at all lately the V3i and EMI could be a problem in my experience.
Must confess to owning both Deaus machines now and the Deaus 2 has been jaw dropping amazing to me! Speed. Separation. Depth. Quick learning curve due to great menu layout. My opinion of course.
Still the CTX whispers in my ear. Buy me.
I know if I bought the CTX based on my history of buying electronics just before they become updated Minelab would come out with a newer version.
If anyone can first hand compare the CTX with the Deaus 1 or 2 I’d be interested to hear what they had to say.

Ask rattlehead on this forum. He has extensive CTX experience and has had the Deus 2 for a couple of months and it seems he really likes the deus 2. Maybe no reason to own both a Deus 2 and CTX, but not sure.

Curious as to your statement regarding the CTX can hunt places the V3i can only dream about. Was that due to EMI? Or excessive trash?
Or something else?
Do not own the CTX but it has intrigued me for a long time. Have owned but not used at all lately the V3i and EMI could be a problem in my experience.
Must confess to owning both Deaus machines now and the Deaus 2 has been jaw dropping amazing to me! Speed. Separation. Depth. Quick learning curve due to great menu layout. My opinion of course.
Still the CTX whispers in my ear. Buy me.
I know if I bought the CTX based on my history of buying electronics just before they become updated Minelab would come out with a newer version.
If anyone can first hand compare the CTX with the Deaus 1 or 2 I’d be interested to hear what they had to say.
I ran the CTX and a Deus 1 together for a couple of years and always seemed to opt for the CTX. This is not old silver country by any means but you still come across it occasionally.. Both found silver coins 8-9" deep in our highly alkaline desert soils but the CTX definitely had the edge on ID. Speed and ease of use obviously went to the Deus but the CTX was still the king. I sold/traded the Deus for a NOX 800 and sold that thing after about three weeks in favor of the CTX. Unfortunately the CTX failed after about 9 years of use and the potential repair bill was prohibitive so I went back to using the etrac and , surprisingly , find I have not lost much.:)

New to the group also just bought a CTX 3030
Where are you located and what type of hunting do you do?

I live in North Atlanta. Bought mine about 8 months ago after selling my Nox 800. I hunt in urban and suburan sites and the 800 was just too sensitive picking up everything. When I knocked down the sensitivity, there went the deep coins. I am finding the CTX
I ran the CTX and a Deus 1 together for a couple of years and always seemed to opt for the CTX. This is not old silver country by any means but you still come across it occasionally.. Both found silver coins 8-9" deep in our highly alkaline desert soils but the CTX definitely had the edge on ID. Speed and ease of use obviously went to the Deus but the CTX was still the king. I sold/traded the Deus for a NOX 800 and sold that thing after about three weeks in favor of the CTX. Unfortunately the CTX failed after about 9 years of use and the potential repair bill was prohibitive so I went back to using the etrac and , surprisingly , find I have not lost much.:)
I got mine 8 months ago. Brand new. Older gentleman ordered it and found it was too heavy, never used it. His widow later put it up for sale, and it still had full 3 year warranty. When out of warranty if it goes bad and expensive to repair, I will probably buy the Deus XP 2 or maybe any replacement to the CTX by minelab if it is anything like the CTX. After 3 years on the AT Pro and 3 years on the Nox 800, the CTX was the detector I needed for my trashy urban and suburban hunt sites.

I'm just chiming in here. I bought the CTX, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. I haven't done much detecting in that time, but the time I have spent, I think it's a great machine. I came from an older Quattro, which I still think is a pretty darn nice unit, but I love the FE & CO values, all the other audio and GPS stuff, and all the other bells and whistles. I just need to get out more and hope to report on something cool I find later on. Marc T.

Just got my CTX also and have not done any detecting with it yet. I have watched a lot of youtube videos and I'm reading a book by Andy Sabich. I am hoping to understand this thing before I head out with it. I don't have another detector and I have no previous experience detecting, so I'm trying to take it slow.
The best advice I can give is do not start learning this machine in a super trashy area. Its FBS technology makes really accurate but also gives it really slow recovery speed. I love it for lighter trash sites and use the Deus for the heavy stuff. Or get a shooter coil for the junky areas and hunt with slow steps. This will help a lot.

Almost new owner (one year so), user of a CTX (and metal detectors generally speaking), from Greece. Honestly speaking, I bought it not only for coins detecting but also (and mainly) for a serious effort to detect some serious gold treasures where have been hidden almost professionally a few decades ago (WWW2). I will create a new thread for this goal in order to be more specific regarding these treasures and for your opinions and suggestions about some enquiries I have.

Just letting you know, I love my CTX and use it in some really rough conditions, black mineralized salt sand beach and most any trashy site. Im a long long time member and Ive had my CTX since they first came out. Where have I been? Not home posting threads... because when I have time I go and use it, rain or not, in rugged terrain too. It has not failed me and its a go to for hard to find items. I can tell you that I have 7 other detectors, land have also an e trac, Im use the CTX as my main go to. The only reason I dont take it now days is when im hiking up hills I hunt due to its weight, for that I take an e track with a smaller coil and back pack it in and out on hours long hiking. Get used to it...It is not a myth.

i am still a several times a week 3030 user, tried a lot of other machines since i owned the 3030 from when it was released 10 or more years ago.

always come back to it.